NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi guys & gals

hoochy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome, loads of great advice here... making every photon count will form part of the advice given here, or probably more important reading 'Making every photon count'.  Details will follow be assured, great stating book for imaging.

Welcome to SGL - You've come to the right place, there's a few of us imagers on here!!

You would do well to buy the book 'Making Every Photon Count' in the book section of the FLO website if you are wanting to concentrate on AP. It is something of an imagers bible and will save you time, frustration and potentially money in the long run.

It's all Mount, Mount, Mount in AP - What kit do you have so far?

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hop over to the imaging section and people often put their kit with the images they take so you can get a feel for what works well.

Welcome to SGL - You've come to the right place, there's a few of us imagers on here!!

You would do well to buy the book 'Making Every Photon Count' in the book section of the FLO website if you are wanting to concentrate on AP. It is something of an imagers bible and will save you time, frustration and potentially money in the long run.

It's all Mount, Mount, Mount in AP - What kit do you have so far?

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hop over to the imaging section and people often put their kit with the images they take so you can get a feel for what works well.

Will do swag, current gear at the moment.

Camera is a Canon eos 550d, with a 50mm, 125mm & 300mm Lens.

The 300mm being my weapon of choice just now.

Also got a pair of Celestron 15x70 Skymaster binoculars which I love.

I've just purchased a Skymaster 200p and EQ5 mount, I'm aware I'll need to try and get this upgraded to a motorised for decent astro images but pennies are tight now.

Hi and welcome from a fellow photographer and AP novice.  You are certainly in the right place here, I got loads of help and still do.  I'm just at the 'seen and photographed my first Galaxy' stage and was completely blown away.  

Happy Star hunting.

:smiley:

Archived