Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi to everyone

malcvtr

I'm getting back into astronomy after dabbling with it on and off since I was a teenager. I'm now 53 :shock: I've ordered a pair of 15x70 Celestron Skymaster binoculars from F1 Cameras at just £75 including VAT and postage. Can't be a bad way to get back into the hobby... can it?

:rolleyes:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news, Dave. I read quite a few reviews on the net before ordering them and most people seem to agree with your assessment of them. I've read that quite a few had collimation problems and had to return them or attempt to collimate them at home :shock: Mind you, I guess collimation problems (or "issues"!) are part and parcel of this hobby.

Cheers

Malc

Hi Malcolm

Welcome to SGL.

Binoculars are a great way to go, no setting up, no polar alignment and if next door's 'security' floodlights kick in you can nip around the other side of the house. I think I'll have to get some 70s like yours!

Regards

AG

Binoculars are a great way to go, no setting up, no polar alignment and if next door's 'security' floodlights kick in you can nip around the other side of the house. I think I'll have to get some 70s like yours!

Regards

AG

Heh heh. Nice one! I just wish the bloomin' things would hurry up and arrive! When they do, I guess I can expect :rolleyes: for a few days.

Thanks lads for the other welcomes too. Much appreciated.

Archived