Astronomy, curiosity leads to passion

bader

Hello Stargazers!

First of all I'd like to compliment the members and the SGL administration for such wonderful forum. I've been browsing this forum for couple weeks and I loved every part of it. Members treat each others as a family and they're very serious about their passion. So finally I decided to become a member and start sharing my curiosity and passion with my fellow members. So...

Hi all! My name is Bader and I'm from Kuwait. I've been curious about everything related to space and I manage to learn about our daily night sky and I usually observe the night sky every night before I go to bed and boy! It's beautiful and has a lot of knowledge behind it! I started to learn the basics of our night sky and to identify certain objects like Jupiter or Orion.

Now after 5 years of naked eye observations I decided to take it to the next level by purchasing a telescope and maybe start to learn more about astrophotography. Unfortunately I come from a place which is very rarely to see someone who has the same passion to start with him/her. I'm certain that there's dozens in my country who love such things but they're not connected with each other. The only known place is an official club which is kinda controlled by superior people, the ones you don't wanna hang out with all the time.

Anyhow, I don't wanna make it too long. So let's just say Hi again! I hope I can be a good member here! :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Stargazers!

First of all I'd like to compliment the members and the SGL administration for such wonderful forum. I've been browsing this forum for couple weeks and I loved every part of it. Members treat each others as a family and they're very serious about their passion. So finally I decided to become a member and start sharing my curiosity and passion with my fellow members. So...

Hi all! My name is Bader and I'm from Kuwait. I've been curious about everything related to space and I manage to learn about our daily night sky and I usually observe the night sky every night before I go to bed and boy! It's beautiful and has a lot of knowledge behind it! I started to learn the basics of our night sky and to identify certain objects like Jupiter or Orion.

Now after 5 years of naked eye observations I decided to take it to the next level by purchasing a telescope and maybe start to learn more about astrophotography. Unfortunately I come from a place which is very rarely to see someone who has the same passion to start with him/her. I'm certain that there's dozens in my country who love such things but they're not connected with each other. The only known place is an official club which is kinda controlled by superior people, the ones you don't wanna hang out with all the time.

Anyhow, I don't wanna make it too long. So let's just say Hi again! I hope I can be a good member here! :)

Marhaba & Welcome to SGL.

Welcome Bader,

great to meet so many people from all over the world here :-)

Good luck choosing the right telescope and have fun with it!

Just make sure you don't believe what all the telescope advertisments tell you,, especially on eBay and department stores...

There are great beginner telescopes from 2£ to 200£, depending on your budget, interest, location and mobility.

Hi Bader and welcome to the lounge

the best thing here on SGL is that we all love one thing,

Astronomy, and as you say we are passionate about this

wonderful hobby, if you need help and advice don't hesitate

just post in the relevant forum.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's 

Welcome to SGL Bader. I know how you feel about isolation, as I very much feel it out here in Spain. There are societies, but my Spanish is not sufficient to be able to attend them. Almost everything I have learnt has come from SGL and the good folks on here.

So if there's any questions, then do ask and generally there's someone who knows the answer!

Look forward to seeing you around! :smiley:

Archived