Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Hemel

LostNSpace

Hello Everybody

As it was my wife who signed upto Stargazerslounge i thought i would come and introduce myself. Im Mark (AKA Starblazer@UKAstronomers). Although i have always had an interest in astronomy it wasnt until Sept this year that i bought my 1st scope. But like many an amateur i purchased a very poor scope. After spending many an hour online searching for a new scope i got to the point where i was completely lost, there were so many to choose from, and me not knowing a thing about telescopes, my wife took over the search and thats when she signed up here for some advise. She eventually narrowed the search down to 2 scopes and she ended up purchasing the Skywatcher Skymax127 Supatrak for me. And what a difference it has made.

Happy Viewing all

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I am also new here and have recently bought a Skymax127 - great telescope. Shame about the eyepieces but I guess that is to be expected. After much serching and getting expert (hopefully!) advice from another forum I have ordered a Baader 24 Hyperion, can't wait for it to arrive.

Pete,

Hi. Mark, and welcome to SGL.

Your wife has a wise head, and you are a lucky man. It is an unfortunate reality, that many a budding astronomer, has failed to develop simply because that first scope purchase has been a disaster. However, you have been one of the survivors thanks to your good lady.

Anytime you need help just ask away, there are hundreds of astro experts on here just waiting to help you.

Enjoy your Skywatcher, It's a good buy.

Ron. :rolleyes:

Thankyou everybody for the nice welcome.

I think that `i want more bug` has definately got a hold of me already Cygnus :rolleyes: . Although i dont want to go into astronomy at the deepend until i have learnt more of the basics so i am trying to hold back from purchasing anything more just yet.

Thankyou everybody for the nice welcome.

I think that `i want more bug` has definately got a hold of me already Cygnus :lol: . Although i dont want to go into astronomy at the deepend until i have learnt more of the basics so i am trying to hold back from purchasing anything more just yet.

May the force be with you.... :rolleyes:

Starparty sounds great Alex. Myself and Kevin (Cygnusx1) are almost neighbours and have mentioned as much about organising an SP. With Kevin knowing Mark from Berkhamstead all the better. Lets see what Jan/Feb brings us weather wise. We are not always blessed by clear skies living in Herts.

Thanks for all your welcomes everybody.

Mark

Alex, i've already met upwith Mark (Neon ) from Berkhamsted.

Where you based? If we get a few more folks a star-party sounds :thumbup:

LOL Hertfordhire is rapidly filling up with astronomers! A start party would be fab, maybe in time to watch Mars get him by a big lump of rock at the end of January (which is a sure way to ensure it'll miss).

A great place I took the bins in the summer was Ivinghoe Beacon, which'd be pretty awesome for a group meet up. Although maybe when it's warmer.

Archived