Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it Sammy, I was out burning the bushes I cut down to free up my Western horizon for the Obsy and just happened to look up at the right moment! Astronomers luck I call it :)

Shame you can't make Saturday Damian and Sam, but I might need assistance to lift it onto the structure once I get that done so I might call on your services later ;)

I'm mostly free duri g the day time on weekdays and can make sunday evenings as well. Also if you need a precision level I will be able to acquire for a few days so you can set everything perfectly flat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That's when I am working Sam :p

Cheers for the precision level offer that sounds like an excellent idea! I was talking to a mate today who recons getting the top of the structure straight and level to sit the dome on will be one of the big challenges.

Good level foundations, packing amd cement and it'll be easy peasy :) is the structure sections of wall which attach together or is it a frame which the wall attaches to then the dome sits on a rail on top?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hey Paul, what time on Saturday morning? Daughter's birthday party, as I think I mentioned, but might be able to escape for a little while early (i.e. give me an excuse!). Let me know when/where and I'll see what I can do - earlier the better. (Can't remember where you live - doh - or where the dome is coming from - doh).

Hey Paul, what time on Saturday morning? Daughter's birthday party, as I think I mentioned, but might be able to escape for a little while early (i.e. give me an excuse!). Let me know when/where and I'll see what I can do - earlier the better. (Can't remember where you live - doh - or where the dome is coming from - doh).

dome is in Barnsley well more cold Heindley, I want to get that moved first thing as soon as so will definitely be morning no later than 10ish I imagine once the dome has been shifted the panels will be a little easier, if you are available that would be great Steve

Fantastic pass of the ISS tonight really bright. Had the family out looking for it.

Talking of family, my 10 year old came home from school today saying that the teacher had told them a load of nonsense about the planets. Made me want to scream!

Lucky break Sam we all need these!

Sammy if you are concerned about what the teacher has told little'un about the planets and it is wrong, contact the school, don't want to set them up with the wrong idea when young and it makes it harder for them to get it right when they do it again in secondary school. :)

Archived