Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My camping gear is always packed and ready to leave at an hours notice (the time it takes me to load the van) lol

@Sam, Mrs H don't do cols either, she is taking early retirement when she hits 60 next year as she can get two of her pensions then, the private one, and the AVC teachers one,  she wants us  to move abroad somewhere hot,  Phillipines, and Botswana have been mentioned, I aint so sure,  as been 12 years younger than her I need to be somewhere I can earn a living, its alright for her she teaches English at FE level, and speaks 5 or 6 langauges fluently. I on the other hand speak 2 English and Yorkshire lol

Dr Lee has been true to his word, phoned me to day about the adapter said he had it back in stock and would drop it off for me at my work as promised, offered to pay by card over the phone, he said he was really busy and would phone me for payment later in the week,  got back into office at 8pm tonight Ops manager gave me the adapter said someone dropped this off for you earlier, yet more fantastic service from Lee & Greenwhich,  I try to operate my business on the same customer service principles always have done, shame not many other businesses do,

Not much point in going out these days anyway Sam, not until mid to late July kicks back in with longer nights...

I hope you are not saying the next cloud free night isn't until jan Jeremy! :p

does anybody fancy a trip down to winscarr tonight for a last gasp observing session before we lose astronomical twighlight for the next 4 weeks?

fancy having a gander at saturn and maybe see what is visible of scutum and saggitarius. But for the life of me i cant remeber what the southern views are like from there.

10pm meet up perhaps?

So do I, bit nicotine and caffeinated drinks will see me through Friday!

Wish I could say the same but I have at least a 12 hour shift ahead of me tomorrow and I already feel like I'll be alseep at my desk lol. [emoji42]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Been a long day at work as always and going to be another long one tomorrow as well,

Just had a quick go at the moon, with scope and the 1100d, looks like I cannot get focus, not enough inward travel I think. almost got it with a x2 barlow, but too tired to mess around tonight

well the scope is getting packed away for the next 4 weeks i reckon - at least - as it was still faintly 'blue' at 1.30am, so we've pretty much lost astro darkness now. Galaxies were rubbish and washed out, whirlpool was almost invisible even with 12" of aperture, only very faint structure visible with averted vision.

But globs were still respendant, as was saturn. And I cant wait to get home tonight and process some of the widefields I did. The camera attachment on the front of the ota worked brilliantly, allowing me to do 30sec exposures with no trailing and shooting at 50mm F2.1 gave sooooooo much more detail than with my kit lens at F5.6! Hopefully i'll have the lyra and hercules piccies sorted this evening to post up.

stupid, bloomin heck - stupid!

forgot to check the camera first and took everything in flippin JPEG instead of RAW.

grrrrrrr  :embarrassed:

well i stacked them anyway, but DSS wouldnt apply the bias frames i took or do much with the darks - suppose thats the problem with jpeg compression. So this is just the raw output from dss of the stacked jpegs. Might download gimp and have a play with them later. But i think they are a right off to be honest.

get.jpg

get.jpg

had another go after downloading gimp. aint it clever!

still, next time i'll try to remember to put it in RAW mode and can then stack bias and darks........

get.jpg

get.jpg

still impressed that you can just make out M13

Sorry Leigh, its a 50mm Pentax smc f1.7 manual lens fitted to my Samsung nx100 with an adaptor.

I was tempted by a canon nifty fifty, but a lot of the manual lens forums and reviews put the original Japanese Pentax lenses ahead of them, and as I don't have a canon, it meant I was free to buy anything as I had to get an adaptor no matter what.

Archived