Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Not good about the scratch Damian I hope you can polish it out. Once the upper tube assembly is done there can't be much to do left then. What about your own tube assembly?

Cheers Matt extra help is great and def be good for us both ;) I'll see you tomorrow night about 7. You know where you are going?

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's still a mountain of work to do I'm on with the lower optical assembly (the box) which holds the cell. It all take's a lot of work and figuring out, would be easier if I'd just copied something.

Then there's the altitude bearings and azimuth mount and trusses to sort out.

I think a couple of hours with some more 400

Grit and it should be out but I may have to go back to 220 then back to the 400 again.

Hopefully it will be o.k.

I'll have to bob across one night see how it's coming on then, maybe give you a hand... Mind you I wouldn't want to be responsible for any more scratches. I do hope it will polish out OK. when do you think it will be done then? In time for the end of summer and a trip up to my new pad in Kielder? (Fingers crossed) ;)

It will polish out but taking it up for John to have a quick look at tomorrow.

I'm not sure when its gonna be finished not got one done yet!

I think the back end of September is a more realistic time scale.

Nick,

I'm coming along tonight, and after speaking to Soupy last night, I've put my camera tripod in the car which should be fine for mounting the PST on.

I've also put in some imaging equipment and some eyepieces/barlows.

Going straight to Horbury from work, so around 18:00-18:15 depending on traffic.

Let's hope for some sun!

Shame you couldn't make tonight Wikiastro... But great news you are going to join us.

I came back to the school by 8.15 but you had all already left... Will have to catch the presentation on the Internet.

Going across to Barnsley for the last time tomorrow hopefully, to pick up the obsy panels. will be there about 9.30 onwards if anyone is around to help that would be excellent.

:)

Enjoyed the solar talk by Nick, shame we didn't get to use the PST due to clouds - fingers crossed for a sunny day for the Horbury Show.

Count me in for tomorrow Soupy, I'll be there for 9:30.

Going across to Barnsley for the last time tomorrow hopefully, to pick up the obsy panels. will be there about 9.30 onwards if anyone is around to help that would be excellent.

:)

Me and my van should arrive between 10 and 11, got a few errands to do first

Got my Broadband sorted yay :)

but cannot now make Horbury show on Sunday, Mrs H is doing the 5k race for life at temple newsam at the same time,  and I have been told I am doing it with her, even though I cant technically do enter, I can run / walk alongside the course to encourage her,

That's if we survive the Pretty Muddy event she also doing on Saturday,, furthest either of us has run in years is from the car to the door when its raining lol

Glad you're back up and connected again Leigh... Good luck with the run, with all the work shifting the dome and panels over the last few weeks a little run should be easy for you... ;)

I hope everythings going great for everyone. I should hopefully be a bit more active this next week. Soupy I've been and spoken to my old boss and can confirm he will definitely loan us the precision spirit level ( he had to throw in "we better not break it otherwise I'll have to work for him again" I said "don't worry it won't get broken" lol what time is the Horbury show on? I'll see if I can make it up. I think the missus is working all day so I can happily 'nerd out' as she says lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That's great news Sam... Cheers, I think I am just at the point to look at putting the panels up so whenever you can get the level then we can look at a day or evening to put them up. :)

Archived