Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Enjoyed the day, shame we couldn't get it all done! Nicely settled at home now with the footy and this month's issue of Sky at Night which arrived in today's post.

Let me know if you need any further assistance tomorrow Soupy - unless you're under strict instruction to do Father's Day stuff instead... :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys thanks for the nice comments about my moon pic and also Soupy let me know a few days before and I'll arrange to pick the level up and bring it up to you and explain how to use.

I've had a hectic few days - sorting tv out at the bar so we can show football and finally signing over on the new bar as well, we've got until thursday to finish a mountain of work and refurb so we can open on time.

I can't wait for a bit of night time R&R with the scope

[emoji4]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cheers Sam. Will be a couple of weeks yet as I have to now concentrate on the foundations then hopefully get the walls next weekend and then put them up. At that point I prob need them Sam.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

excellent news MrFinster! :)

Updated Obsy build with a few pics today, thanks guys for the hard work and patience today! Steve I know you have lots of piccies dont forget to either send me them or post a few here for a laugh :)

As is normally the case with projects the time scale is always underestimated and things take 5x longer than what you think they will.

Good efforts today guys sorry I wasn't there to give you a hand but hopefully next time.

Good fun on Saturday - really sorry I couldn't join you at Soupy's to help finish off the job in the end - just got caught in traffic and then summoned to assist at the daughter's birthday do...! Let us know when you're next onto it - will help if I can.

Anyone know how to post photos from the IPB mobile app I'm using for this forum? Or I'll email them to you Soupy.

Not sure Steve but if you email them I'll post here and on Obsy build.

Going out to finish outer wall foundation trench tonight ordering ballast and concrete from Wickes tomorrow for Wednesday delivery so if anyone is around and fancies coming across Wednesday evening to help pour foundations that would be brilliant! :)

I'll be working on it on Wednesday till it's done that way it'll be ready for Saturday and the panels, don't worry about coming across Steve as it'll be too late but cheers for the offer :)

Not sure Steve but if you email them I'll post here and on Obsy build.

Going out to finish outer wall foundation trench tonight ordering ballast and concrete from Wickes tomorrow for Wednesday delivery so if anyone is around and fancies coming across Wednesday evening to help pour foundations that would be brilliant! :)

I'll be able to do Tomoz night Soupy what time u want me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't be available tomorrow as got some plans.

I may be able to lend a hand sat if its not in the morning as I've a course for being a bit naughty with my right foot and the gov have decided to take some eye piece money from me! Hey Ho

Looking good though ;-)

I won't be available tomorrow as got some plans.

I may be able to lend a hand sat if its not in the morning as I've a course for being a bit naughty with my right foot and the gov have decided to take some eye piece money from me! Hey Ho

Looking good though ;-)

You are naughty Damian... Trying to take off in a no take off zone ;)

Will let you know how we are for time on Saturday, it might take a while to break down the old foundations so might go into the afternoon.

Then once finished it's back with the panels to mine to see if they can be reconstructed in the afternoon. If you are around it would be very helpful if you could pop across Damian.

Then once finished it's back with the panels to mine to see if they can be reconstructed in the afternoon. If you are around it would be very helpful if you could pop across Damian.

I'll try to make it up Soupy if just for a look and discuss the electrical bit's.

I've still lots to do myself the mirror grind was going o.k. till I put a scratch in it today and ran out of 400 grit!

Gains scope is coming on slowly and at least I've nearly finished the upper tube assembly.

Off to see John again on Thursday afternoon to pick some bit's up.

Archived