Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or even worse, start work at 8am down in bracknell and only just get back in the door an hour ago.

Tired doesn't even begin to describe my day the the awful drive home. And typically its beautiful out and I was looking forward to a lunar 100 session.

Just back and kit nicely away. Good night up at Winscarr shame about the huge spotlight in the sky! Did some imaging of M13, M92 and ring neb.

Had some very good company. Shame you lot couldn't join us.

Now to bed for less than 4 hours sleep... ;)

I would like to say a big thank you to soupy and astronomer69 for all the help last night and making my trip to winscarr such a delightful and educational experience! Managed to capture my first globular cluster M13 with their help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just a gentle remind that tomorrow night is the societies monthly meeting.

We have plenty going on for this meeting, with several important updates. Rough agenda is as follows:

Telescope workshop... bring in your scope if you require some assistance with how it works - goto functionality - collimation - general set up etc

Successful polar aligning, finding suitable reference stars for alignment depending on time of the year

Lens cleaning - lotions and potions and cleaning equipment provided.

Astrophotography basics, and computer software to use - both planetary and deep sky

Update on the community chest grant

Horbury show June 29th

Afterwards if the weather is kind - we'll plan on going down to the parker road site and have a look at the moon, mars and anything else we can spot under the glare of our closest celestial companion.

Kind regards

WADAS

Can't really do tonight too much work to do, but fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Didn't realise you were on hols Damian, you not back for the meeting on Thursday then?

I'm back tonight soupy which doesn't give me much time to prepare but I will try to sort a few bit's out and maybe put them on a memory stick to give a quick talk

Will try and get along tomorrow night as usual, it all depends on what time I finish work,  could do with bringing my scope, butthat would mean having itbouncing around the van all day :(

Archived