Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Hi Sam! I was in your position a couple of months back. Very new to it and was very much an uncool line ranger too!

But I joined this society and have been out observing quite a few times so far and attended some socials and even a guest lecture on galaxies. It's great and everyone is very welcoming :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for sessions and hope theres some random one where I can attend. I'm going to struggle coming to meetings though but im going to give it a shot!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi Sam. Everyone's welcome in this group - rarely met such a great group of people elsewhere :-) I still think of myself as a novice, but the great thing is that everyone helps you out, let's you try stuff, offers advice, and NEVER makes you feel stupid :-) Hope we see you soon!

Some upcoming events have been added to our Facebook page (sorry it's taken so long just got internet back after moving house), so take a look and come along.

Hey Sam, welcome to the group and just to echo what everyone else has said; feel free to tag along to any of the meets or observing sessions  :grin:

There was about an hour of clear sky last night so had another play with scope and webcam on moon,  2 mins of vid, about 2000 frames,  taken around 8pm so still fairly light.

monmay9

t5hink its an improvement on my last moon shot
Leigh

Nice effort Leigh, certainly an improvement. Do you have a Bahtinov mask? These are relatively cheap and great for helping with focus.

Thanks, no I don't am upgrading scope ina couple of months, so cant see point in buying one for this scope

I didn't buy mine Leigh I printed one out from here

http://astrojargon.net/maskgen.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

and cut it out myself I just stick it over the scope with some sticky tape to start with and set focus on something very bright usually one of the planets, as it's only card it won't last but I can always make another one when it get worse for wear. ;)

Archived