Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great company last night with Damian and James at Winscarr, some very nice views of Mars. Shame about the big search light called the moon, put paid to any imaging I wanted to do and destroyed any deep sky objects!

Battery on power pack leaked as well, all over car mat on the way home, made some big holes in it. Going back to Halfords today not happy :(

Great company last night with Damian and James at Winscarr, some very nice views of Mars. Shame about the big search light called the moon, put paid to any imaging I wanted to do and destroyed any deep sky objects!

Battery on power pack leaked as well, all over car mat on the way home, made some big holes in it. Going back to Halfords today not happy :(

Enjoyed the evening even though the moon spoiled any decent observing.

Mars and Jupiter some good views although lots of atmospheric turbulence and also some on the ground so had to persevere to pull detail out.

Looking forward to tomorrow night and hoping to make the meeting as well as the curry run.

couldn't make it home to late, have the scope out in my yard and messing about with the webcam,  have finally added and think managed to align my rigel quickfinder a year after I bought it, if it aint properly aligned its very close, my alignment fsetup for my goto is much much better,

Leigh

Shame you didn't make it Leigh. Was an excellent night with great company and curry afterwards.

Got a new battery Damian and the promise from the store manager they will replace the mat for me. Sorted! :)

Really sorry I missed Julian's talk and the curry last night - gutted.

But some small consolation is the skies down at clumber park have been great and I've managed some superb viewing all week. Plus I managed to get a nice bit of time lapse of the ISS going past Jupiter the other night. Can't wait to process / stitch that together.

Hopefully see some of you next week if we have a decent evenings weather.

Steve which way do you go to winscarr. If you come through dunford bridge then don't tonight. There is a turn off just before the hill to dunford bridge. Signposted for Huddersfield I think. Turn here and head about a mile along the road the turn off is on the left signed.

Archived