NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It Should be o.k. Nick

But I've taken an inch long chunk out of the side and about 3mm deep in so not a happy bunny after all that grinding.

Once its ground down to the correct depth I will still have a full surface but with a rather nasty shell to look at although it won't affect the image and won't be seen when in the cell.

Gutted isn't a strong enough word

Can't believe you have chipped the mirror Damian... :(

Sounds like it might just be OK though, fingers crossed it is.

I had a nice time at Kielder shame it was cloudy every night... So I am going back up again this weekend to see if its any better weather wise. Obsy was good to look around as well.

Think I might have gotten misses a love for the place as she went cycling every day, so might be somewhere we get to go on holiday more often in the future... Happy days. :)

Had another grind at the blank yesterday

Although unsightly it will only infringe on the surface approx 1mm which could change when the next grinding session is over and I have put a steeper bevel on the blank.

As someone said to me the other day if it was done and coated and you were lifting it out of the cell and chipped it would you stop using it?

I've been reassured it will have no detriment on the images just on the high standard I set myself.

Sorry to make you all jealous but I had perfectly clear skies up at Kielder last night... Seeing was amazing! Dew became an issue later on as I was right on Kielder Water and Scope ended up freezing on me, but went to bed at 3.30 a very happy astro... ;)

Got a few photos so need to work on them when I get home.

Hi all,

Just wondering if theres any events/ meetups planned for a sunday or tuesday night. I'm currently looking for other stargazers to go out with as currently I'm new to the hobby and pretty much the lone ranger of astronomy but less cool!

Thanks alot

Sam

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Archived