Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Took some shots with the webcam that I got out of the loft, ill post one of them as there all about the same. This image ive got a shadow going across a crater floor.

Is that one of the webcam images? That's pretty cool. Have you done an AVI with the webcam, or single frames?

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, that last one is with the webcam, ive just opened it up, removed the lens and filter and then shoved it in the scope :) That was a single frame, i didnt take a video for some reason

That's really good. Try doing an AVI next time and bung it in RegiStax. You'll be amazed what detail you'll get out. Great job :)

Its dirt soupy, i think just on the camera, not sure where it came from but its deffo not a satellite. One thing that did happen was when i was observing the moon last night, a big air plane flew right across it whislt i was looking through the scope! Thats never happened to me before so it was kind of fun.

Its dirt soupy, i think just on the camera, not sure where it came from but its deffo not a satellite. One thing that did happen was when i was observing the moon last night, a big air plane flew right across it whislt i was looking through the scope! Thats never happened to me before so it was kind of fun.

That's a problem I have when using the CCD camera. They are such shall chips that the tiniest bit of dust seems like a boulder lol. It's so difficult to get every last bit off. It's amazing what you go can get rid of in PS though ;)

Have a go at the single frame in RegiStax and have a fiddle about with wavelets. I think it'll still show improvement, and having a play with wavelets is always a good thing anyway. Have fun :)

Right, I am on a Safeguarding course in Huddersfield for the day, so it'll go quiet on here now lol. Got to be there for 8.30am, so catch you all later :)

That's a problem I have when using the CCD camera. They are such shall chips that the tiniest bit of dust seems like a boulder lol. It's so difficult to get every last bit off. It's amazing what you go can get rid of in PS though ;)

Have a go at the single frame in RegiStax and have a fiddle about with wavelets. I think it'll still show improvement, and having a play with wavelets is always a good thing anyway. Have fun :)

Right, I am on a Safeguarding course in Huddersfield for the day, so it'll go quiet on here now lol. Got to be there for 8.30am, so catch you all later :)

Will do, have fun. Hope they get you dinner :)

My moon sense is letting me down this morning, i was more focused last night on messing with the camera, so didnt actually look up the crater i was imaging.

Anyone got a decant moon Map that could look up the crater for me.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Thanks mark. The webcam that i was using has a barrel that is almost the same size as an eye piece, so it just screws in. I've taken the lens and filter out of it, I think that we as the right thing to do with it.

Anyone got a decant moon Map that could look up the crater for me.

Can't locate that crater, sorry Chris. Would need to know roughly where it was in relation to the other images.

Do you have an iPad? I have a free app called Moon Globe. Fantastic little app, and one I use regularly when trying to identify the craters.

I also have some really comprehensive maps in a couple of my books, but a rough idea of it's location is always helpful :)

Can't locate that crater, sorry Chris. Would need to know roughly where it was in relation to the other images.

Do you have an iPad? I have a free app called Moon Globe. Fantastic little app, and one I use regularly when trying to identify the craters.

I also have some really comprehensive maps in a couple of my books, but a rough idea of it's location is always helpful :)

I think it's to the left of Tyco, or was it to the right lol. It's that sorry of area. I'm home now so I'll have a look on my moon app and see if I can locate it

Archived