WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aha, that's the thread I was looking for too. I'm hoping to come down and join you for a session on a Saturday.​ I feel like I'm spying on you following this thread.

Unfortunately you are a bit too far and start a bit too early for me to come to your Thursday lectures.

Hi Rockystar and welcome to our "little" thread ;)

"Thursday lectures" - we're not that formal hehe.

I'm Vicky, and it'll be great for you to join us whenever you can make it across, either for a Thursday meeting or for one of our viewing sessions.

Don't know if I missed it in an earlier post, but what is your name? I prefer to refer to someone by their name rather than heir handle :)

Feel free to drop into the thread for a chat any time.

Looking forward to the meeting tonight, and to Woozy's talk on astrobiology! Hope she isn't getting too nervous.

Hoping Luke will be coming too, but he has got a lot of homework due in. Trying to get him to get cracking with it so he can cone along as he hasn't been for ages! Think he lost his Astro-Mojo to Minecraft and YouTube, but I'll reel him back in again. We may need to use a bigger room to allow for his hair though - he's got a right weave going on lol. Don't you get yours cut Chris, it'll make his look even bigger!

I will be going along to the Cinnamon Lounge, however I may just be having a couple of beers rather than a curry tonight. A lot depends on whether Luke is coming or not, so I'll see what happens there.

Terry will pick me up as he is going to get his new X-Box game at the midnight release (even sadder than being an Astro-geek lol).

So, be warned - Vic's having a beer! Need one after the couple of weeks I've had ;)

Hi again Lee, and I look forward to meeting up with you some time. You'll find us a friendly bunch (hopefully), who are more than happy to share our experience and knowledge whenever we can.

Pull up a chair and a cuppa and join in our (sometimes off the wall) chat :)

I have never used Tapatalk Mark, sorry - good luck getting it sorted.

Thanks Vicky I can only get on this and two other threads at the moment.

I like to look through the other forums from time to time but there's no way to get to them at the moment unless I go on to the web format but it's not very good on the phone [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wether looks really pants for the next week or so. It's like one night stargazing and two weeks of cloud it's no good

Not good news as it is both Galloway and Kelling Heath star parties next weekend. Don't fancy another cloudy Astro-camp. We deserve a break :)

Isn't it about 300 quid? That's alot of my beer money gone :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

True, it's nearer the £400 mark in some places, well out of the reach for me at the moment on my pension, I have bigger fish to fry first lol and saving like mad!!!!, nearly pulled out of my annual jaunt to Benidorm next week with old workmates , but reluctantly !!!! decided I am still going lol

Eric

Archived