Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello everyone

AshleyRoberts

Ho there guys and gals im new to this SGL and not very food with following forums so bare with me, i got the bug through looking a a magazine years ago at the column nebula taken by i believe the hubble telescope ? I now am crazy about taking pictures of space stuff Orion nebula,carolina nebula of course the moon the milky way etc etc i got the camera and the lense to do all of this and after extensive research im still no were near what tracker mount to get i hear the EQ2-3 are the best how ever after spending £1500 on a telephoto lense the budget aint there for that type is there any other out there ???? Any advice links etc would be amazing -Happy Star gazing .

Hiya i have a Pentax K-7 with a sigma 500mm lense also a normal wide angke lense 55mm lense thia one i believe would be better for milky way etc i dunno but all i can tell u is i took a star trail image not so long back and im addicted now appreciate ur reply thank u

Welcome to SGL.

As photography is your bag, can I suggest getting hold of a copy of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' that you can get in the book section of the FLO website. It's something of an imagers bible and will really help.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Ashley and welcome to the forum. Can I further recommend Making Every Photon Count as it will advise you on what kit to get and why you need it to take good consistent images. In fact it will save you money by helping you to avoid buying the wrong kit. It is a clearly written comprehensive guide that covers all the different types of imaging out there. For a general idea of what is needed in astrophotography, why not take a look over on the the imaging sections to check out the equipment listings many members include in their signatures to see what the consensus is.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Ashley and welcome to SGL, a tracking mount for your camera gear ? If you have some DIY skills, you might look up information on the Dave trott, Barn Door tracker project, Even the basic hand operated one will give you tracking for several minutes and is inexpensive and simple to build :)

Archived