Hello from Rain Swept Bridgend

Lurgee71

Hi All,

I have been interested in all things space since a small lad, now I'm a much bigger lad I have decided to do something about it.

Currently own nothing but a pair of binoculars and some star charts, but possessing much enthusiasm I have decided to spend an

upcoming education grant on something nice for myself. Still window shopping at the moment (although what fun that has turned out to be!) I am looking to purchase my first "serious" telescope in early October.

I am also studying a Physics dgree with the OU and am hoping to choose an Astromony module or two as the course progresses.

Looking forwards to some better weather and some clear skies.

All the best .

Simon

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Simon,

welcome to SGL from the equally wet and blustery Isle of Wight - at least there's some democracy to todays weather ;)

Good luck with choosing and buying your first telescope, it's an interesting exercise and often bewildering experience - but sure there will be lots of good advice from the members here.    Good luck also with your OU Studies.

BR - Jake

Archived