Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How do!

rob0971

Hi all,

My name is Rob & I have recently started on the slippery slope that is astrophotography. I am primarily a wildlife photographer & have lenses from 24 to 600 mm focal length. I started off using the 600 on a GOTO mount but now have invested in a telescope & all the parafinalia that goes with it & I keep learning about other gear that could come in handy. Slippery slope indeed! My primary interest is in dso's & a gallery of my work so far can be seen at

Its a steep learning curve but I think I am starting to get my head around it all.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi rob0971/Rob, 

Good afternoon to you and and welcome to SGL.

Nice gallery of images you have there. I am not into imaging yet myself, but only time will tell after seeing many other members images and galleries etc, it certainly is whetting my appetite.

Hello and welcome Rob :) nice set of images you have there, i also image with lenses (next year = scope!) So, what scope and mount did you go for?

Thanks mate,

I have a celestron cg5 GT with a skywatcher 120mm ed pro with matched focal reducer.

Hi rob0971/Rob, 

Good afternoon to you and and welcome to SGL.

Nice gallery of images you have there. I am not into imaging yet myself, but only time will tell after seeing many other members images and galleries etc, it certainly is whetting my appetite.

Many thanks.

Many thanks all.

Okeydokey, cheers bud, but I am really down at the bottom of the learning curve. Its forums such as this one that has provided me with the knowledge I have now, along with Steve's excellent book, making every photon count, but I am still learning from my previous mistakes & learning how to get the best out of my kit. I am lucky to be able to afford relatively decent kit & consider myself a fast learner, but there's a long way to go. Its a challenging past time even for a seasoned photographer like myself!

Archived