David in Virginia Beach

sarswim6

Hi everybody. I am David and I currently live in Virginia Beach, VA. I am new to the forums and stargazing in general. I just received my Celestron Omni XLT 127 Schmidt-Cassegrain yesterday, along with the Meade 4000 eyepiece and filter accessory kit. From what I have read, I am one of the lucky few who had the opportunity to set the telescope up and have a decent evening to view on the first night. My location was not very ideal; the parking lot outside my condo with street lights all around, but nonetheless, it was fantastic. After all the anticipation and research into what scope I wanted, I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the poor location. My inner child was jumping all over the place once I found Saturn. I called my wife and told her she had to come outside "right now." She looked through the telescope and just gasped. I think she was questioning to herself how neat this whole experience would be, those questions were gone as soon as she pulled away from the eyepiece. I look forward to more viewing and better locations in the future. Good luck.

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. I have been going over the site and have been blown away by the support shown to all the new explorers. It's a great feeling to know that there is a place to receive some real world answers.

Welcome to SGL!

She looked through the telescope and just gasped.

'Yawned' is all I ever managed to get from the missis. You're well ahead there, so keep building up the arsenal while the interest is endorced :grin: :grin: !

/Jesper

Archived