Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New 10" Dob

hippie

:smile: Hi to all fellow sky watchers from the hippie down on the south coast UK, I have just upgraded to a 10" Sky watcher Dob , Went out the other night to view the moon and milky way with the eye pieces that came with the scope 25mm 10mm super plossl, For the first viewing with this 10" Dob, I am very impressed with how well it performed even though i have not collimated it yet?,

I am awaiting the collimator to arrive so i can then fine tune the scope to it's full working order Yeah!, I have ordered the tele vue 2x 1.25" Barlow lens to increase my eyepieces & waiting for that to arrive also?,

I will be looking at getting some 2" eye pieces next around 32mm size our maybe 40mm in the near future?, So if any one using a 10" dob can recommend 2" lenses baring in mind i have older eye's (62 years old) and wear glasses???,

Wishing for clear sky's :smile:

Hippie, Ian.

Hi Ian, welcome to SGL :)

A 40mm will have too large and exit pupil for your scope. Given your age a 32mm might be pushing it a bit (6.7mm). I used to have a 250mm and the lowest I went was a 22mm Nagler (x54) and I have to say it needed a coma corrector to get the best out of it.

Hi and welcome, that scope should afford you some fantastic views. As Michael said, 40mm will give too wide an exit pupil... 32mm is the (theoretical) lowest practical power. A nice wide angle EP in the 24-28mm range would be a real winner!

welcome along...clear skies,oh and welcome to the dob mob!

Hang on, if you have a mob for dob I want one for my scope. What rhymes with 'short tube Keplerian achromatic crown and flint doublet refractor'?

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hang on, if you have a mob for dob I want one for my scope. What rhymes with 'short tube Keplerian achromatic crown and flint doublet refractor'?

:huh:

made me smile :) errrr Yhh unfortunately I have nothing to rhyme with that but il work on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived