Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pre Season Purchases & Temptations

scarp15

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you thought about a Powermate?

It's not just for the odd stretching of mags. These really are invisible in use in my opinion ( based on the 2.5x 1 1/4" version).

Just bought one today :)

Dave

And I'm back for the season aswell. Might as well put up a list to what I'm after, in no particular order:

*Guide scope: Either getting a cheapo ST-80 or in the market for a used wide APO that can double as a wider field photo instrument and a lightweight binocular replacement for those grab n go sessions.

*Materials for a battery tank: Using a 19Ah jumpstarter now that will probably buckle under strain when i start adding laptops and stuff to it.

*Coma corrector: SW or Baader MPCC. Could go either way.

*Guide camera/QHY5-2 or equalivent. Dependant on getting the battery tank.

*Mount Hub. Dito.

*Flats box.

*Astromodded DSLR or a MonoCCD with filters. Emission-nebulae, all the cool kids are shooting them.

*Dew heaters. Also dependant on the battery tank.

Right now im running the kit in my signature. Unguided.

I might also drop my 150PDS and get an 80ED...

In the meantime I'm waiting for the damn sun to start setting earlier so I can hit Cygnus and Hercules before it drops too low early.

I'd forgotten something than might sound a bit boring but I'm really looking forward to using: a Tracer Lithium Polymer Battery Pack from FLO.

This is much more compact than my old battery and it can now rest on the dob base and rotate with it, so hopefully no more tripping over wires / moving the battery and wire around :)

I'm waiting on the Esprits to come back, then going for either an 80 or 100! Yikes.

And most probably a Quattro later in the year.

:Envy:

We are talking about this season, I reckon we will be lucky to see the new 80 and 100 mm Esprit's triplets in any sensible numbers until well into next year. Just my theory.....let's hope I'm wrong

New triplets always seem to have difficult and sometimes drawn out beginnings.

Stu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well... forgive me.. it's been some time since my last confession.. (my last imaging session was back in April)... :shocked:

I've been scouring the classifieds and so far the collection has increased with..

A Tal 100RS ( it was going to be for a PST Mod, but it's so nice I just can't bring myself to hack bits of it! )

A nice WOZS71 with FF6 & stepper motor

and yesterday my second Atik 314L+ arrived.. :tongue:

I'm just pricing up the extra bits needed to bolt the triple shooter :evil: setup together and so far the ADM parts cost alone has reached £400 .. !! Then there's a sliding gate motor to source so I can fully automate the Obsy... and then.... :icon_shaking: .. it never ends...

Archived