NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A colourful bird...

Martin-Devon

Yes, it's another Pelican, although this one is in full narrowband processed in the standard Hubble palette version, so SHO = RGB, and then colour modified. The data was collected over 4 nights early July and consists of 30 subs H-alpha, 18 subs OIII and 18 subs SII, all 10 minutes, so there's 11 hours of data here.

Thanks for looking,

Martin

9337412864_1ef6da27f7_o.jpg

A super image Martin, showing great dust detail. The colours have come out beautifully as well. One tiny nit pick, the more I look at it, I wish there was just a tad bit more space above it. But that's just a personal framing issue.

Thanks for the comments from everybody, they are much appreciated.

Sara I think you are correct, if I was doing this again I would make a small adjustment to the framing to have a little more above the head region.

Martin

An awsome image Martin, I love the colors ! Are you using Photoshop for color modification ? I am tempted again to get to know Pixinsight, I saw some people doing real magic in it,

Clear skies,

Janos

Thanks again for the comments!

Janos, yes I use Photoshop for the colour, the first step is to follow the colour modifications described here: http://bf-astro.com/hubbleP.htm and then the proper processing begins. I do a lot of further colour tweaks though using the Selective Colour sliders, there's a lot of options on the colour balance. With the Pelican it's actually a little tricky holding some of the blue back, there is so much of it. I tried PixInsight for 2-3 weeks a while ago, and decided that I'll revisit it again at some point in the future. It's clearly very powerful, but I would need to invest much more time than I had, so parked it for a while.

Martin

Sorry to be late to this one, but let me add my congratulations and admiration - that's a stunning image, beautifully and tastefully processed. I love the understated, pastel colours - but it is certainly a colourful image!

Your images are some of those setting the bar for what can be achieved with a mobile set-up under UK skies Martin - fantastic stuff.

Archived