Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

AstroWolvy

Plasma turbulence inside huge solar prominence

The last weekend I should have not use the telescope, I was sick at home but when I saw this big prominence online I decided to collect my last energy and try.

The prominence has few turbulent evolutions and seem to start a detaching movement instead it stay there twisting on itself.

9223186792_c3f26b8f5c_n_d.jpg

This time I presented the timelapse in 4 different color, every personal taste should be pleased.

Comments and questions are welcome, and if you enjoyed the movie visit my video channel. :grin:

YouTube Channel

Its hard to comprehend the actual scale of these things even with that earth size next to it...incredible

Sick or not Paolo, a fantastic capture. Actually getting an image like that would make me feel instantly better.

Robin

Wow that is spectacular

Thanks for sharing

Dror

that's a cracker

Steve

WOW!! that is just amazing footage, well done. A good bit of sunshine is good for your health, in the old days hospitals were outside in the sun :)

I like the blue best :)

Alexandra

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kitsunegari
      125mm x 1200mm + Coronado pst etalon / 15mm blocking filter = Basler 1920-155um

• By M31Fan
      Hi! 
      Newby here...
      What's the best software to do solar tracking and imaging on a Raspberry Pi (Astroberry)?

I have been learning how to use Kstars/Ekos/INDI and it's working pretty well at night, but since now the nights are super short and the sun is more "exposed" I'm also trying to do solar imaging. 
      Astroberry oacapture, but how can I control the mount to perform solar tracking? Normaly I use EKOS for this, but then I can't use it with solar film capture. 

Please let me know which software you use to connect the mount, focuser and camera (QHY-II-5L-C). It's ok to control the mount and focuser in a separate software, but using two separate INDI sessions seems to crash it. Advice and recommendations are welcome! 

Thanks & Clear skies! 
      Tiago

• By NiCo10
      Managed to get some solar observing in this week, trying to get back into it after quite a break. Having been away some time I'm definitely out of practice., so I'm trying to record my amateur attempts and publicly shame myself on YouTube so I can learn from them as I go along.
      Also need a tracking mount, its hard trying to do manually and focus at the same time. I'm in absolute awe of some of the stuff you lot produce, absolutely fantastic. This footage was from Wednesday 15th April 2020, very different compared to April 2014.
      Solar Minimum v Maximum comparison
    • By Rob63
      Made a solar finder out of a spare skywatcher finder-scope using the pinhole camera principle.
      Removed lenses, covered front with foil and added a pinhole with a needle. Held in place With elastic bands (could use something more permanent but this is very easy to replace). The lens cap still fits over the foil for protection when not in use.
      On the rear I used some kitchen parchment taped to the inside of the adapter that holds the “eyepiece stalk” and added a crosshair. 
      Pinhole projection gives a solar disk about 3-4mm and whole thing is adjustable as per the normal finder-scope.
      Tested yesterday and works a treat, I can now get the Quark on target without having to use the WL wedge with 25mm then 8mm to get it aligned first.

• By ro88ieuk
      For some reason I've found time to use the Solar Film I've had for 2 years...fitted to 25 x 100 bins. I may have to paint them though..😊 ps... the Wine was nice.
      Stay safe all  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.