Newbie from Philly sez 'Hello'

donlsun

Hello. My name is Don. I am retired USNavy (2 combat tours up and down the dark & scary mirk & mire of the rivers in Vietnam ... & Cambodia, etc ;) ). I have studied astronomy and cosmology, some through formal classes in high school and college, and some in the USN even, but most through my own self-directed studies and observations since an 8 year old in the late 1950s.

Only after my retirement from civilian employ did i move from descriptive and theoretical studies to observational astronomy - again.

My primary observational interests are solar and lunar.

I have other interests other than the skies above us but I'll perhaps bring some of that up should an inviting thread prompt my measely (sp?) input.

I look forward to learning and friendship in this community as we try not to walk into one another with our eyes to the skies.

Cheers,

DonL

Welcome Don. It sounds like you have built up a fair depth of knowledge over the years which could be useful here.

Have you any equipment at the moment? There's a wealth of experience and advice here, just ask.

Best wishes

Jason

I would normally say something along the lines of 'youll find all your answers here' but I think it may be a case of you providing answers, which is great.

Welcome to SGL and clear skies.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Archived