Dark Skies

Glen Den

Hi, I'm Ian Glendenning with a lifelong interest in astronomy and lucky enough to be living in the Brecon Beacons, S Wales with those internationally recognized dark skies, as I speak under blanket cloud! I'm currently running some astronomy courses for Swansea University in Pontardawe, Pontarddulais, Glynneath and hope to have one in the Brecon Beacons in Sept. I also write a free monthly enewsletter called Astro Alert with a emphasis on astrophotography that anyone is welcome to receive.

Looking forward to tapping into the expertise and community of Stargazers Lounge.

Ian.

hi glen and welcome to sgl. you are so lucky to live down there I have to travel close on 100 miles to claerwen to get good skys but its so worth it. theres a south wales group on here as well put a post in there, great guys

Welcome Ian. You certainly are blessed with some of the darkest skies to be had. My daughter lives in the National Park area and we've often been blown away by the night sky. Unfortunately as yet I haven't managed to get the scope up there. Maybe one day :smiley:

Jason

Thanks to everybody for the fantastic welcome, it really made my Summer Solstice!

We certainly enjoy some stunning skies here. In April there was a beautifully clear night for a Stargazing Evening at the Mountain Centre (near Brecon) and I asked one woman where she had come from and she casually replied 'Heathrow'! I'm beginning to appreciate how lovely it is to be able to just pop out to dark skies against a mountain view.

Ian.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived