Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Autumn Equinox Sky Camp 2013

Someone from FLO is usually there Tim - but you can confirm that by emailing them at the contact address on their website.

We're heading out to Kelling tomorrow morning for 9 nights and really looking forward to it. I like your avatar - is that an Extra 300? (my favourite stunt plane).

:)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Brantuk,  Thanks, will pop them an e-mail.  Just that I thought they were there every year, but the LAS website is not showing them in the list.

The aircraft is a 2 seat Extra 200, which is based at Marshalls airport in Cambridge.  Been up in it a few times now as a good friend of mine runs the general aviation there  :grin: 

Enjoy Kelling!  I couldn't get on my pitch until Monday, otherwise we would have been going tomorrow too.

AFAIK FLO aren't attending  as FLO .. it's a "busman's"  holiday for them (Steve and James) ....

My first ever visit to Kelling this year - There Thursday to Sunday Will have the PBK LOHA 102mm/f11 Solarscope with me and the DSLR's  on Astrotrac and EQ3 Pro...  and lenses 600/f4, 300/f2.8 , 200/f2.8 etc...

Peter...

AFAIK FLO aren't attending  as FLO .. it's a "busman's"  holiday for them (Steve and James) ....

My first ever visit to Kelling this year - There Thursday to Sunday Will have the PBK LOHA 102mm/f11 Solarscope with me and the DSLR's  on Astrotrac and EQ3 Pro...  and lenses 600/f4, 300/f2.8 , 200/f2.8 etc...

Peter...

It will be great to see you there.  Keep your eye out to the numerous front facing speed cameras along the route.

I go M5> M42>M6 > A14> A605 > Peterborough > kings Lynn > Fakenham >Kelling Heath

From what I remember there are:

Loads on the M42 northbound section (rear facing cameras)

then front facing cameras -

2 on the A14 near Kettering

3 on the Thrapston to Peterborough road (A605) (at Thrapston, Thorpe Waterville and Elton)

1 on the A47 near Thorney

1 on the A148 near Little Snoring

1 on the A148 near Bale

I hope this helps

Does anyone know if FLO are attending this year?

James and I will be at Kelling but not as FLO. We don't set up stall or wave a banner and we won't have any stock. Sorry. 

We have been amateur astronomers since before FLO so Kelling is leisure time for us and we often attend with our families :smiley:

Other retailers will be setting up stalls near the entrance on the Saturday. I'm not sure who will be there this year but The Widescreen Centre, Greenwhich, Altair Astro and Modern Astronomy often attend. Atik cameras too, though they aren't a retailer. 

Hope that helps, 
Steve 

Cheers mike, im really looking forward to this now.Looking at the forecast for next week I might just bring a large bottle of malt whiskey and wellies.

Personally I drink my whisky out of a glass, but if you want to drink it out of waterproof footwear - hey, it's a free country. :grin:

I go M5> M42>M6 > A14> A605 > Peterborough > kings Lynn > Fakenham >Kelling Heath

From what I remember there are:

Loads on the M42 northbound section (rear facing cameras)

then front facing cameras -

2 on the A14 near Kettering

3 on the Thrapston to Peterborough road (A605) (at Thrapston, Thorpe Waterville and Elton)

1 on the A47 near Thorney

1 on the A148 near Little Snoring

1 on the A148 near Bale

I hope this helps

You'll probably pass within half a mile of my house.

Those cameras on the 42 are a nightmare. Just take notice of the electronic speed signs...

Hi I will be there Friday through Monday, in one of the lodges.

I know somone who has been to Kelling Heath before - they told me that the lodges are all under trees and no good for observing.

I only have a dob and a small refractor (i.e. no power required), so I was wondering what options there are to setup somewhere more suitable?

True, the lodges are in the trees. Depending on where your lodge is, there is a playing field to the side of the red field about half way down. That would give a clear sky without too many trees.

True, the lodges are in the trees. Depending on where your lodge is, there is a playing field to the side of the red field about half way down. That would give a clear sky without too many trees.

Hi guys

I`ll be attending but only for the saturday, camping up near Cromer and hopefully staying late. My first Kelling star party anyone advise were to park if I have to depart before midnight please?.  I`m quite attached to me goolies and don`t want to lose them turning me headlights on where I shouldn`t :grin:

Cheers

Steve

Hi guys

I`ll be attending but only for the saturday, camping up near Cromer and hopefully staying late. My first Kelling star party anyone advise were to park if I have to depart before midnight please?.  I`m quite attached to me goolies and don`t want to lose them turning me headlights on where I shouldn`t :grin:

Cheers

Steve

There is a car park next to the reception area which should be ok.

Dave

Archived