Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2" eyepiece suggestions

Pig

Guys I have a little bit of cash to spend so I want to get a nice quality 2" eyepiece :smiley:

I mainly want to use it to see clusters, galaxies and groups of stars.

What would you recommend ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have a browse through both sites they all look pretty cool. :sad:

The field of view seems to be quite important for what i want, will they be suited to my 9.25 ?

I recently bought a Hyperion Aspheric 36mm for my C9.25. Have only used it a few times but it is excellent and having the extra 3/4 of an inch on the barrel and also due to the fact that it is 72 degrees fov, you can get a shed load of sky into the viewfinder.

I recently bought a Hyperion Aspheric 36mm for my C9.25. Have only used it a few times but it is excellent and having the extra 3/4 of an inch on the barrel and also due to the fact that it is 72 degrees fov, you can get a shed load of sky into the viewfinder.

Thank you Malc I will check these out too :smiley:

Andrew did give good advice; if the Maxvision's are as good as the ES82's then you won't miss much compared to TeleVue Naglers at F/10, or so I've heard.

Other than that, the WO Swans and Aero that Shane linked to would be good for slightly less money at this focal ratio.

I meant ridiculously cheap rather than ridiculously expensive, beg your pardon.

The 16mm is £50, that's only £2 more than a BST which are considered excellent budget EPs.

However, the Maxvision are Meade re-brands starting at £180? Spot the difference?

Cheers

Ps. too late, the 16mm has gone!

I meant ridiculously cheap rather than ridiculously expensive, beg your pardon.

The 16mm is £50, that's only £2 more than a BST which are considered excellent budget EPs.

However, the Maxvision are Meade re-brands starting at £180? Spot the difference?

Cheers

Ps. too late, the 16mm has gone!

I am considering the 34mm :laugh:

Archived