Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

moaning missus?

houston

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife is very tolerant and knows how much pleasure I get out of this hobby BUT she has absolutely no idea how much things cost. If she knew how much the mount cost, for example, I'd be in deep trouble. You can't exactly 'sneak' in things like that but I do hide the receipts!

The tolerance also applies to my nocturnal ramblings - she's a treasure.

I'll not be ordering one of those scopes that Naemeth linked to - I couldn't wait 2 years!

Double post again - and I meant NOT be ordering

Sorted. Double posts seem to be caused by double clicks on the "post" buttons, which in turn are caused by occasional sluggish responses (or lack of refresh) by the system. Us mods are mopping up those that we find, and the admins are looking into the matter.

I think you're right Michael. I usually use my IPad and I touch 'Post' but nothing appears to be happening so I touch again and the first and second post both appear. I should be more patient after the first post perhaps

Sorted. Double posts seem to be caused by double clicks on the "post" buttons, which in turn are caused by occasional sluggish responses (or lack of refresh) by the system. Us mods are mopping up those that we find, and the admins are looking into the matter.

Must be a full time job at the moment, for which I must apologise. Must have had at least 10 in the last few days! Sorry!

I'm quite lucky with my missus really, she's quite understanding when I buy new kit.

We're not ones for going out boozing every weekend, and we hardly ever treat ourselves.

She buys her clothes and got herself an iPad, so my recent purchase of an HEQ5 has gone down ok.

Missus actually gave me £200 towards it :D

I'm quite lucky with my missus really, she's quite understanding when I buy new kit.

We're not ones for going out boozing every weekend, and we hardly ever treat ourselves.

She buys her clothes and got herself an iPad, so my recent purchase of an HEQ5 has gone down ok.

Treasure her!

My 'Future Mrs' knows exactly how much all my future kit is going to cost. I'm surprised she agreed as it's going to work out at about 24k :Envy: (this is of course going to be spread over at least a decade or two)

I just must be incredibly lucky with my missus - she's the one encouraging me to get a new scope and is stumping up the cash to pay for it :grin: . Its now simply a choice of 250px or 300 flextube ???? (sorry for straying slightly off topic!) - and yes she has a wardrobe full of shoes- makes imedla marcos look like she wasnt even trying!

I guess i moan when hair straighteners break and the ones in argos for fifteen quid simply wont do. Same with scopes, we all buy the cheaper stuff to start and then you get the bug.

So what did you do with the £50 change from the £200? :grin:

I guess i moan when hair straighteners break and the ones in argos for fifteen quid simply wont do. Same with scopes, we all buy the cheaper stuff to start and then you get the bug.

I think fairness is in order here. Just like a £15 scope or £15 binoculars from [insert retailer here] won't do, neither will the hair straighteners.

What you really shouldn't do is work out price per kg of premium eyepieces vs makeup. Wish I hadn't :rolleyes:.

I must say, I was rather surprised at the results.

I don't what I am doing wrong.

My wife talked me into buying an observatory, a 12" Newtonian and a caravan for Star Parties.

Do you think she doesn't want me in the house?

Nigel

I don't what I am doing wrong.

My wife talked me into buying an observatory, a 12" Newtonian and a caravan for Star Parties.

Do you think she doesn't want me in the house?

Nigel

I think she wants you to have the star parties at your house :)

James

Will it open a whole can of worms if I say that I am the 'wife' here? & that it's not gender-specific - he can roll his eyes and tut with the best of them if I so much as suggest a new ep :grin: Heaven forbid that I should want to go out for a night's observing if it's one of his pub nights...

How thoroughly refreshing to read this post and realise that I'm not alone :)

I thought it was just me who told the Mrs that it was just a cheap filter, when in reality it was a new Pentax Kr with interval shooting capability !!

I felt bad about that at first, but you lot are making me look like a bit of a saint.

It's quite ironic how a bunch of intelligent, like minded, generally pleasant folk can all lie and be downright devious.

Well, heck.....I'm in!!

Anyone have any tips on what I can tell her the HEQ5 box contains when it lands??

"Oh, it's just a cheap eyepiece duck that's all. Yeah, they've packed it up like that to protect it from those people at that postal depot on the telly, the ones who were chucking stuff about"

:evil:

The only time my missus tries to get me to sell a scope is when she wants me to put the proceeds towards an even bigger more expensive one. She also encouraged me to get a caravan and tow car for star parties and then comes with me. Until I read this thread I thought it was all normal female behaviour lol. :)

(I must get her some shoes sometime - she's only got two or three pairs)

We're in the process of moving house. My wife was doodling garden ideas this afternoon and this was in notebook on the sofa :D

post-5915-0-08798500-1368396969_thumb.jp

I like to think she cares deeply about my health and happiness but I suspect she just wants the scopes out of the house :rolleyes:

Archived