NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ES 68deg 16mm Eyepieces

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also got quite weak, I may well pass out yet. :)

I'm weakening further, purly on the strength of the miniscule amount of time and subjects I've had a chance to point the 24mm at. Thankfully the 40mm isn't available yet, which means I'll have to wait until August to slip it in to the house.

If the wife spots the 16mm purchase, I'll give it to her to wrap for my birthday. If she doesn't spot it, well, Bob's my mother's brother...

Rusell

Russell

If the wife spots the 16mm purchase, I'll give it to her to wrap for my birthday. If she doesn't spot it, well, Bob's my mother's brother...

Rusell

Russell

Ah yes, I know that feeling! However as much as I feel I should buy one or two of these bunch, I actually think I have all I need in the EP department. Wow.... I said it! I must be cured!

Barry

my 16 and 24mm turned up today at work. at first i was worried as the outer box looked battered to bits ! :Envy: inside though the two e/ps were in boxes surrounded with some bubble wrap. not great but did the job of protecting them i suppose.

the 24mm 68* is quite large. heres a pic of them ,and for a change of scenery ive gone for some spaghetti :grin:

the coating gives a faint purple glint ,i dont know if that matches the coating of a meade swa ?

p.s - sorry for poor pics , old blackberry camera !

I have the Meade eyepieces and my ones have a green glint,by the way the 28mm is an amazing eyepiece very sharp to about 85 pc.

Just want to say thanks to who ever it was that gave a heads up on these ep`s, the 16mm is just perfect for my viewing needs as i can use my baader barlow at x1.3 or x2.25, giving me a flexible approach to just one ep

Just want to say thanks to who ever it was that gave a heads up on these ep`s, the 16mm is just perfect for my viewing needs as i can use my baader barlow at x1.3 or x2.25, giving me a flexible approach to just one ep

Yes, here here to that man..:)

i have to say my initial thoughts are the same. i very briefly had the 24 and 16 out and combined them with this new bresser telextender x2 . (24,16,12,8) . ive only really had about 45mins looking at the lunar surface so far, but they seem to give fantastic views. i will try and give a review of the bresser barlow once i get a real go at it.

im now wondering what other focal length might be of bennefit ? i thought about the 20mm 68* to give me a x 60 and x120 option. but i would like something to barlow well for high mag observing , i was thinking of a 13 or 14mm e/p which would double up nicely at 6.5 / 7mm.

saturday looks to be a good chance to get some observing in ,albeit with a full moon .

If it were me, with your scope I'd probably top the range off with something in the 30mm(ish) range like http://www.exploresc...mm-p-25564.html.

Russell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD using chubby fingers. Sorry.

ah, i should have pointed out i want to stick with 1.25" e/p's . so the 24mm being my lowest , i believe that gives about the same afov as a 32mm plossl.

Oh darn you guys. Have just ordered the 16mm and 24mm. I have been looking for a long while and this seems too good an opportunity to miss. The reviews on the Meade 5000 SWAs seem great, so if these Maxvisions are similar then we should be laughing (fingers crossed).

It was either these or the BSTs at my budget.

I'm sure you will love them - the 16mm is £2 more expensive than the 18 BST...

I've had a few nights with the 20mm Maxvision and it matches the Meade 20mm SWA that i owned a while back - which is hardly a revalation !

andrew

All the talk of hiding from the wife. Mine said to me yesterday, " how many of the green and black things have you got, how many more do you need" sorted!

Alan.

Now the door is open Alan, how many more do you need ?

All the talk of hiding from the wife. Mine said to me yesterday, " how many of the green and black things have you got, how many more do you need" sorted!

Alan.

Just tell the wife Alan they are like earrings - they come in pairs !

andrew

Oh how things change in a short time.

Last year at this time I had a full set of Meade SWA 16mm through to 40mm. Now I paid a lot of money for them, most likely more than they were worth in the first place but Meades prices have to include there advertising which is/was as good as it comes.

Now I sort of put these up for sale at 50% or what I paid which I thought was very fair, two went fairly quickly but the others I had to drop price and hung around, I so far have not sold the 40mm even at 35% of it's new price. I am glade I got rid of them then because after the latest thing to hit the market they would be almost worthless.

Then this Maxvision ranges show up, albeit a little less than I asked for mine , but an unknown quantity at the time. Now they are flying out the shop at an alarming rate. These are the same glass as ExSc own range of SWA eyepieces which rather oddly seem largely unavailable across the globe and there are of cousre some of the UWA range in the mix. Even TS in Germany seem to have only one SWA on stock same the is true of Telescope House, I think they have 2 showing. It sort of makes me wonder if they are cutting thir own throat by allowing this because they have cut the throats of many exsisting Meade SWA and UWA owns. That's what happens when bills aren't paid.

Alan.

Oh how things change in a short time.

Last year at this time I had a full set of Meade SWA 16mm through to 40mm. Now I paid a lot of money for them, most likely more than they were worth in the first place but Meades prices have to include there advertising which is/was as good as it comes.

Now I sort of put these up for sale at 50% or what I paid which I thought was very fair, two went fairly quickly but the others I had to drop price and hung around, I so far have not sold the 40mm even at 35% of it's new price. I am glade I got rid of them then because after the latest thing to hit the market they would be almost worthless.

Then this Maxvision ranges show up, albeit a little less than I asked for mine , but an unknown quantity at the time. Now they are flying out the shop at an alarming rate. These are the same glass as ExSc own range of SWA eyepieces which rather oddly seem largely unavailable across the globe and there are of cousre some of the UWA range in the mix. Even TS in Germany seem to have only one SWA on stock same the is true of Telescope House, I think they have 2 showing. It sort of makes me wonder if they are cutting thir own throat by allowing this because they have cut the throats of many exsisting Meade SWA and UWA owns. That's what happens when bills aren't paid.

Alan.

The crazy thing is that once the Maxi's have sold out they will probably sell for more second hand than what they cost.

The crazy thing is that once the Maxi's have sold out they will probably sell for more second hand than what they cost.

Not in this forums classifieds though - their new cost is hardly a secret on the forum is it ? :smiley:

Nice one John. I have to say I seen a few things I sold last year to site members re-sold on site and no one tried to up the price, which is nice.

Alan.

Yep - I was pleased to see that too :smiley:

Not in this forums classifieds though - their new cost is hardly a secret on the forum is it ? :smiley:

I would hardly expect to see anyone looking so foolish as to try something like that here but not everyone sells their kit on SGL nor is every astronomer a member of SGL. I would not be the least surprised if on places like ebay or abs the prices of these on the second hand market once sold out get inflated, there is always somebody wanting to cash in, as there is always someone looking to complete a set when lines end..:)

Nice one John. I have to say I seen a few things I sold last year to site members re-sold on site and no one tried to up the price, which is nice.

Alan.

Always good to see members selling to members. I have passed a couple of things on in response to peoples wanted ads and given things away also, including a Skywatcher 130p, it's always nice to see fellow astronomers happy..:)

Archived