NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ES 68deg 16mm Eyepieces

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look very nice - exactly like the meade swa. I must say i was a bit confused as being in stock in the warehouse in Germany, was not expecting them to come on the proverbial slow boat ! I'm sure you will be thrilled with them.

andrew

They look nice. Clear skies.

I think I have the eyepieces I need, but seeing these pictures makes me yearn for that waiting with anticipation and un boxing feeling. Must resist.....

Good luck with those!

Barry

They look nice. Clear skies.

I think I have the eyepieces I need, but seeing these pictures makes me yearn for that waiting with anticipation and un boxing feeling. Must resist.....

Good luck with those!

Barry

Cheers Barry.

I know what you mean and I couldn't resist such a crazy bargain that's why the 24 & 16 are following up in support..;)

This was my opportunity for some big glass and whilst I may not be able to eat much this month I'll get over that!

Cheers Barry.

I know what you mean and I couldn't resist such a crazy bargain that's why the 24 & 16 are following up in support..;)

This was my opportunity for some big glass and whilst I may not be able to eat much this month I'll get over that!

I like your style, go for it! You know what they say, food is fleeting, eyepieces are forever.....

Barry

i ordered and paid with paypal last wed. although going by paypal records didnt get completed until thurs. however ive had the paypal confirmation of payment sent ect. but nothing from e/s at all

no e mail from them with despatch date /number.

think i shall have to contact them . :embarrassed:

> The key thing is; yes, you're reducing the aperture, but aperture-reduction (whether by iris or objective size) is the only mechanism to achieve that specific magnification value, regardless of the equipment at your disposal, so nothing is being "lost" by this process.

Sorry to continue off-topic, but maybe I'm being dull here!

I don't achieve a specific magnification by increasing/decreasing the aperture, I do that by using different focal length EPs or a different focal length 'scope.

Changing the aperture has no effect on the magnification of objects in my 'scopes.

Cheers

> Changing the aperture has no effect on the magnification of objects in my 'scopes.

No, but it changes the exit-pupil:

exit-pupil = aperture / magnification

In other words, for a given magnification, if you don't want your iris to be the limiting factor, all you can do is reduce aperture - but since this is merely matching the limit of one end of the optical train

to the other, no practical benefit is obtained if your telescope is an unobstructed one (i.e a refractor)

Apologies; my original reply didn't make sense when taken out-of-context.

I don't knock anyone for wanting a bargain, I am the same. I do however feel for FLO who tried to land these ExSc products in the UK and sadly failed to reach an agreement. They are seeing more money going aboard when it would be better off staying in the UK economy, still who knows maybe one day.

Alan.

It is bad. All the products we buy are manufacturerd off shore though so buying from a UK dealer probably puts 10%-15% or whatever margin these guys are on only in our economy and the rest goes off to China most likely.

Yep, I'm all for keeping UK dosh in the UK, give back what you take as my Grandad used to say. I even took as far as buying a new OO scope (another story) and until now I have never made a direct order from foreign lands but like many people I am now having to cut my cloth accordingly.

I have no problem with buying european that's why we have the single market. It strikes me that it isn't Flo who have lost out as they don't stock meade or explore scientific. They get my business when they have what I want at a price I can afford, no complaints from them I am sure. They understand times are tight and that is why they are so competitve on the things they do stock.

my 16 and 24mm turned up today at work. at first i was worried as the outer box looked battered to bits ! :Envy: inside though the two e/ps were in boxes surrounded with some bubble wrap. not great but did the job of protecting them i suppose.

the 24mm 68* is quite large. heres a pic of them ,and for a change of scenery ive gone for some spaghetti :grin:

the coating gives a faint purple glint ,i dont know if that matches the coating of a meade swa ?

p.s - sorry for poor pics , old blackberry camera !

post-11888-0-48125600-1368794847_thumb.j

post-11888-0-30167000-1368794862_thumb.j

Hooray, my 16mm arrived today, again a slightly battered box, but contents good inside, as noted there is a slight purple sheen to the coating, but only at certain angles

here is a couple of pics, for a size reference on the left is a circle T 7mm ortho, then the maxvision 16mm and on right is my BST starguider 15mm. the maxvision 16 is to replace the 15mm bst if its better optically

post-8850-0-95011500-1368810307_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-08738300-1368810339_thumb.jp

Nice one Jules. Did you use UPS for delivery or DHL.

I'm sure you will be very happy. I tried mine out the other night and they are delicious. The faint hint of coma was no different to the Panoptics I tried the other week, just a tad near the edge. I also found the colour interesting, not that I'm an expert as all I do is look at stuff though somehow it seemed more natural than my tv's. Much easier to pick out the red stars in M13.

Hooray, my 16mm arrived today, again a slightly battered box, but contents good inside, as noted there is a slight purple sheen to the coating, but only at certain angles

here is a couple of pics, for a size reference on the left is a circle T 7mm ortho, then the maxvision 16mm and on right is my BST starguider 15mm. the maxvision 16 is to replace the 15mm bst if its better optically

That BST could be on very borrowed time - maybe as soon as a few hours when the moons up! The little 16mm SWA is very sharp - certainly as crisp as a TV plossl. I did not have a BST 15 at the same time but the view from memory is a slightly more one dimensional view from the explorer.

andrew

Got my 16 and 24 today via UPS, a little over a week after ordering, well packed and no battered boxes. 24 is nice and weighty, both good looking pieces. The 16 is a new size for me as I have nothing of a similar size, the 24 will be competing for space in the box with a BST 25. Now just need the clouds to get lost!

Archived