Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Lechlade

Viking

I have been "lurking" on the message board for a couple of weeks and am impressed with the content, reviews, general advice and yes, not to mention FLO.

A newbie to astronomy, I have always been interested in the constellations. Recently bought WO 7.50 binos and this has encouraged me to research my first scope. I think my initial interest will be in seeking out all the Messier objects.

An oldie, when it comes to life. These things (toys) weren't around when I was growing up in Scotland.

I am also keenly interested in family history, hence the posting name Viking - after my DNA.

There appear to be some interesting characters on this forum and I am pleased to see that Ant is back.

Kind regards,

Viking

Welcome to SGL Viking.

My dad and I (actually mainly my dad) are tracing our family tree back - but you get to a point where every step is a big one, and things slow down a lot.

There appear to be some interesting characters on this forum and I am pleased to see that Ant is back.

Kind regards,

Viking

?, glad I've made that much of an impression. :D

Wow, what a welcome. If I can respond to one or two that link either to Lechlade or Family History.

To Bernie, yes the Christmas Shop is still there along with the many antique shops and pubs, including the Trout Inn.

To Brass n glass, yes you must be old if you went through Lechlade on a train. Most of the line has now been take up into housing i.e. gardens.

Family History is a serious hobby, I find I can pursue this when the weather isn't good for stargazing. Born in Shetland I have over 76,000 in my family tree. Always happy to help those who have caught the bug!!! I am told that its just another "boring" topic of conversation. Keep at it Dave and Ant (and Dad). To the latter, yes we do care.

Kind regards,

Viking

Archived