Hello from Spalding, England!

AstroGeek99

Hi my name is Payge, I am 14 years old and I am from England. I have been learning about astronomy for 7 years and recently bought my first telescope. I am yet to see my first sight through it but cannot wait!

My first telescope is the Celestron Astromaster 114EQ with 4 lenses. I am probably going to ask a lot of stupid questions about the telescope in the next few days :)

I am a right Astronomy Geek, like my name states, I always bore my friends with silly little facts whenever I can. I enjoy to talk about what I know as I never get the chance to at home. I have lots of view points in the sky to navigate my way through and have lately found things easily.

Sorry to bore you with my little introduction, but thanks for listening!

Payge

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome Payge. I was about your age when I bought my first telescope - that was over 50 years ago and I still love the hobby.

There is no such thing as a 'stupid' question on this forum. You will find that everyone is helpful and friendly and you will get answers to anything that you ask

Kerry

Hi guys, just been out with the telescope and, although it was amazingly freezing, saw some amazing things. I was searching around the area where I thought Jupiter should be and saw lots of stars that weren't visible to the naked eye. I turned the sight way out of focus so I could find Jupiter easier and found a massive light, so I played around with the focus and in the end I saw Jupiter and 5 of its moons! Although they weren't as big as I'd hoped it was still amazing to see!

Hi Payge and welcome to SGL. It's often said that only stupid question is the one you don't ask, and this is very true. It's worth remembering that everone on here has had to start somewhere.

Good luck and clear skies:)

Jason

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

Archived