Geordiemac

Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself I am a complete novice in the hobby of astronomy but it is something that has facinated me for years. I really didn't realise it was going to be such a difficult decision on a first scope and after alot of head scratching I decided it was time to take the plunge and bought a Skywatcher Explorer 150PL EQ3-2 hope I made the right choice (I would be very interested in peoples thoughts about the scope for a beginner) unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to use it yet.

First clear skies and it will be straight back out of its box, its been out once and assembled indoors but it belongs under the night sky :grin:

Cheers

George.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello George and welcome to SGL!! You have made a good choice for your first scope and should get some excellent views of the Moon and planets with it (Jupiter early evening and Saturn later on are visible at the moment) as well as a few "fuzzies" as we call Deep Sky Objects like galaxies and nebulae. Maybe download "Stellarium" to help you find your way about the night sky while you are waiting for the clouds to clear away.

Hi George welcome to the lounge, it really is difficult to make a decision on a first scope, it's a really good choice you have made,

I agree with Roger, download "Stellarium" It's a great tool to help you find your way around the night sky.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's (soon I hope)

Archived