Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First DSLR test

Amra

Last night I got to put my full spectrum DSLR to it's first test, one obvious target was m42. I did rough polar align & didn't even collimate the scope, just wanted to get straight to testing the new camera.

I haven't done any editing nor stacking, this is something I will be experimenting with in the following weeks. I also collected some data (20 lights) on the Pleiades & NGC869 double star cluster and the star Capella, which I will experiment on & play around with.

It was recommended to me to get a coma corrector, I haven't yet. After I've played around a bit with the equipment & learned why I need it, I might get one. :)

Anyway, here's M 42 Orion Nebula, 1x 30s exposure sub unedited - ISO 800. I was extremely impressed when the image popped up on my PC screen, the camera is excellent!

e8d5cEAl.jpg

I also took a shot of the Moon:

Shutter Speed: 1/00 - ISO 100

51gXRYgl.jpg

Full image: http://i.imgur.com/51gXRYg.jpg

All images were taken with the CLS-CCD clip-in filter inserted btw.

I assume it's red because of my camera's removed filter, how should I edit it? Any tips?

Because you have had the camera modded, and using the CLS filter that should restore the colour balance to more or less perfect, (those filters were designed that way) mine does with my 1000D, so can't understand why the moon image has come out with pink cast, that is how mine would look without the CLS fitted, what WB are you using?? should be daylight or auto.

MM

Because you have had the camera modded, and using the CLS filter that should restore the colour balance to more or less perfect, (those filters were designed that way) mine does with my 1000D, so can't understand why the moon image has come out with pink cast, that is how mine would look without the CLS fitted, what WB are you using?? should be daylight or auto.

MM

WB was set to Auto.

I took some images of the Sun earlier yesterday without & with CLS filter as well:

http://imgur.com/a/a62hz

WB was set to Auto.

I took some images of the Sun earlier yesterday without & with CLS filter as well:

http://imgur.com/a/a62hz

And it is the full CCD CLS LP filter you have and not just the CLS LP filter? As there are 2 one is quite a bit more expensive that the other, i have just the CLE LP filter as i did not have the full spectrum mod, only had the one back filter removed, front one has been left in place to give the IR cut as needed, so did not need the CCD CLS LP filter.

MM

Very nice. I think you need to white balance it. It should do the trick. Most of my pictures SOOC are yellowish when WB is set to auto. RAW in LR and Auto WB gets it too bluish so I use the pipett and selected the black space. Voila! And that did the job nicely.

Archived