Good day to all...

winddancer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Edward and welcome to the forum. I hope you are enjoying clearer skies than we are in the U.K - forget clouds we've got snow on the way! If you haven't done so already, you might want to download some free planetarium software called Stellarium which will certainly help you learn the sky and identify objects that you see on your travels.

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum.

James

thank u james...i already had the stellarium on my pc and its a great help indeed. as of now am trying to do my best to get a good nightscape while sitting in a cockpit 39,000ft above sea level. lastnight while flying from bangkok to cebu, a picturisque view of the milky way that stretched from west to south of my point of sitting was marvelous. sadly, its shakey up there and am so disappointed with my result. Tonight am off pusan, korea...from north to south. sigh...

anyways, am really looking forward of getting this done with the forum's help.

thanks for welcoming me sir james...

Welcome to the forum. You must get an amazing view of the night sky from 39,000ft even with the shakes. Do you plan on getting a scope? If so there's plenty of experience and advice on here. Just ask. In the meantime naked eye and binoculars are a great way to start.

Good luck

Jason

Archived