Hello

Wobblytable

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi welcome. As the other guys said a good pair of binoculars are better than a cheap scope. Take your time if you are going to choose a scope research is essential and theres lots of friendly advice on here to help

DANNY

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you want to learn the sky, an easy way is to download some free planetarium software called 'Stellarium' which you can view here. Lots of great features to help show where stuff is up there and is great for learning the constellation. You can configure it to match your exact viewing location too which will provide you with an identical night sky to that which you can see out in your garden.

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Welcome to the forum. I fully endorse previous posts about naked eye and bins to start with. Learning the night sky and being able to find your way around will be an enormous help when you get your scope. I only wish I'd spent more time doing that. Keep in touch and don't be afraid to ask anything, even if if might seem a bit basic. Everyone on here had to start somewhere.

Good luck and clear skies :smiley:

Jason

Archived