NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Looks like an amazing new mount in development

ribuck

Another use for that kind of max-slew speed is that you will be able to automatically track Tornadoes or Eurofighters as they streak past at tree-top level. Of course, the sight of a long tube swinging round and tracking a jet fighter might get you a visit from some serious men in black suits (with curious bulges).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

120 deg per second! Just attach a monster frac (like this one http://www.apm-apo.c..._6500-cnc_e.htm) to something like that, and you could serious smack people around the head.

Is the price quoted for the APM 530/6500 LW CNC II really 825,000 euros :eek: or are my eyes broken (if it is, then that sort of money makes my 'head' broken :Envy: )

Steve

Just the sort of mount for the observatory, only needs a lottery win of course (the lottery win is also needed to be able to afford the move to dark skies and to buy the observatory!).

We can all dream. Now where did I put those 10x50 bins?

Cheers,

Steve

The beauty of a mount this powerful is that for normal use you will only be using a fraction of its capability so you shouldn't have any issues with balancing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

50 Kg load. Hmmm the Mesu 200 is rated at twice that for 1/6th the money. I know which one I'd have.

And do they really have to price it a such-and-such.99p? Who do they think they're fooling? Anyone who can afford that isn't fussed about 1p.

120 deg/s must be a totally useless show-off number. My two better mounts do 15 and 20 respectively and I usually set them to 5 or 7. Never did find use for more than maybe 15, and that would be during model building only.

/per

120 deg/s must be a totally useless show-off number. My two better mounts do 15 and 20 respectively and I usually set them to 5 or 7. Never did find use for more than maybe 15, and that would be during model building only.

/per

I wouldn't say it's totally useless. I think it would be quite useful for plane and satellite tracking, especially if you need to do a quick meridian flip. However, it's probably not very useful for anything else.

50 Kg load. Hmmm the Mesu 200 is rated at twice that for 1/6th the money. I know which one I'd have.

And do they really have to price it a such-and-such.99p? Who do they think they're fooling? Anyone who can afford that isn't fussed about 1p.

That 99p was the deal breaker for me. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Archived