Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looks like an amazing new mount in development

ribuck

Hi all,

I literally stumbled across this video of a new mount in development using brushless servo direct drives on both axis, with each axis having 18 million ticks, but the bit that blew me away was a slew speed of 120 degree's per second, jesus and i though 10 micron was fast as 20 degree's per second.

I'm not sure who is making it, possibly Sideral Technology, but either way is, looks like some serious piece of kit, which i'm going to follow with great interest.

Rich.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. That looks amazing. So smooth. I dont think i would like seeing MY 10" gso moving that fast though. Someone else's i would love to see from a safe distance! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Simon

Yes, It's the mew SiTech brushless servo controler, on an Astelco mount at New Mexico Skies remote observatory:

http://www.astelco.c...cts/ntm/ntm.htm

Here's the discussion on the SiTech Yahoo group

http://finance.group...o/message/19985

I'm installing a normal dc motor Sitech servo system on a fork mount I'm building, and have been following the development of the brushless system with interest.

Huw

Telescope during the night, fair ground ride during the day........lol. We've all heard of mirror slop, but can you imaging the state your scope would be in after being flung round at that speed.

Hmmm just thought of another good use...........if your kids are naughty, put them on the "Mount of Terror" and spin them for 10 mins until they promise to behave.

Rich.

Archived