Hello from Holmfirth

bob1957

Hi to everybody,

I've been a member of SGL for sometime and lurking in the forum reading messages, mainly due to never having the time to devote to observing and posting anything meaningful. I moved from South Shields to Holmfirth (Last of the Summer Wine country!!) last April and recently I've taken early retirement so now I'm looking forward to getting involved in my interests.

I have a 10" Celestron Newtonian on a CG5 GT mount which is great for visual work (when there is no slight breeze!!) but my real interest is stellar spectography and solar observation for which the 10" is no good. So I've just ordered a Celestron C8 SCT from FLO (thanks SteveB for your help) which I'll mount on the CG5 and use with a Star Analyser 100 grating and modified Neximage 1 to get started in stellar spectrography.

For white light solar observation I have a 102mm Celestron wideview refractor on an AZ3 mount and a 2" Lunt Herschel solar wedge.

Anyway enough from me, but I look forward to getting more involved and posting some useful messages.

Best wishes to everyone.

Bob

Archived