Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Hampshire - New Forest area

Mad Taff

Well I've just gone and done it. Ordered my new telescope Skywatcher 200p EQ5. I'm sort of semi retired and got a bit more time on my hands and have decided to take up astronomy again. I was really into it in my early teens back in the 70's. My dad bought me a scope from Dixons - a 60mm refractor. It recall it was OK for the Moon, Jupiter's moons, Saturn's rings - just about, and the phases of Venus. I don't remember seeing much in the way of DSO's although I think I tried. I'm hoping the 200p reflector will offer much better viewing - if the skies clear down here. Anyway, just wanted to say hello for now.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome to SGL you may well be interested in www.newforeststargazers.co.uk we are a pretty relaxed observing group no monthly talks or anything like that just a group that like to meet up twice a month for some dark sky observing new members are always welcome

Hi Everyone. Thanks for your warm welcome and kind messages. I'm looking forward to my hobby and sharing experiences on this forum. Thanks Sub Dwarf for letting me know about newforest stargazers. I shall certainly be in touch once i get myself sorted. Cheers for now, Phil

Archived