Hi from Cumbria

chasg

Hi everyone.

Having taken the plunge and bought my first telescope last week, after reading so many interesting and helpful posts here which helped me finally make a decision, i thought I should join in.

Unfortunately I have only managed to take it out of its box, the sky when I've been at home as been very cloudy. Looking forward to a clear night, when I can do more than look at my new toy!.

Charles

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alan,

I bought a Skywatcher Heritage 130p Dob, as my wife an I travel usually north to Scotland and I wanted something that would not take up too much space in the car. It seemed to get reasonable reviews and wasn't too expensive for a first scope.

Charles

Hi There,

Warm welcome to SGL. You cannot say you have a new telescope without telling us what you bought!! :laugh: .

Cheers

Posts crossed in the ether, that will be great in the dark skies. My favourite haunt is Strathconon. If you are going anywhere near Inverness there is a very friendly group near Culloden. Just google Highlands Astronomical Soc.

Hi Damian,

We spend quite a bit of time on the Black Isle north of Inverness, but next trip is next weekend to the Isle of Skye for a week. I don't hold out much hope for Ske though we usually have terrible weather when we go. :tongue:

Unfortunately I have only managed to take it out of its box, the sky when I've been at home as been very cloudy. Looking forward to a clear night, when I can do more than look at my new toy!.

Hi Charles, welcome...... sounds very familiar.......patience is a virtue.

Hi Charles

a warm welcome to the SGL I do beleave you have some lovely skies (at times) up there, im hoping to go up to Scotland my self this year and i will take my scope with me

have fun, clear skies

Doug

Hi Charles and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting your first scope and although a modest size, they certainly will provide you with some great views and certainly won't disappoint. Those northern Scottish skies sound rather nice for a bit of observing too so hope fully they will remain clear for your next visit.

Hope you enjoy the forum

James

Archived