Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A curse on this weather.

cotterless45

There's a bit of hope for the weekend. I'm sitting on a new scope and a few other bits that haven't seen first light yet........

You've gone & done it now by mentioning you've got a new scope, that's doomed us all lol......

Yes.Very poor for us stargazers.

I,ve had one really clear night since the end of Nov 2012,and that was on Wed of this week,and it was blowing a gale,so could,nt really get out.

Same weather-wise above me :/ Although, I did try my luck Wednesday. Jupiter was my first and only stop as the gale storm winds began to rock my poor SW 130 within minutes of setting up :'(

Same here, Ive got clear sky forecast from 5pm onwards. I'll believe it when I see it though, the BBCs definition of "clear sky" is very different from what we astronomers would expect :)

I might wager that its going to be one of those night where fast moving cloud shoots through every 10 or 15 min to ruin the sub youre currently on..... grrrrr!

The forecast is never correct......never, never, never.......Plus I bought a new scope 3weeks ago aswell, when people open their boxes the clouds dont all come out at once, they come out one at a time & hang around for 4weeks EACH :eek: (1 cloud per filter, 2 per EP, 8 per scope) ........Therefore if my maths is correct, the next clear night is forecast for 8th Oct 3486 :mad: :mad:

Steve

Archived