Hi from Leicester

jforman

Hi

Just joined - having been a bit of a skywatcher for a few years since moving out to the countryside - i'm now building up to my first telescope purchase now (pay day!) and looking forward to learning more about the night sky...

Jamie :grin:

Hi Jamie welcome to SGL, any idea what telescope your after or are you still looking, make sure to use the getting started section for advice should you still be undecided,

good luck whatever you do and i hope you enjoy your new hobby.

Hi

Just joined - having been a bit of a skywatcher for a few years since moving out to the countryside - i'm now building up to my first telescope purchase now (pay day!) and looking forward to learning more about the night sky...

Jamie :grin:

Welcome Jamie. You'll find all the help and advice you need here, just ask. Have you got scope in mind? There's bound to be someone here that can give advice. Just ask. Hope you've got nice dark skies where you are, all you need then is for the clouds to clear:rolleyes:

Good luck

Jason

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the friendly welcome - i'm leaning towards the skyliner 200 dob - seems rightly popular. besides i'm not after something with all the bells and whistles at this stage, just something straight forward to set up and use to fit around those snatched moments of cloud-free sky...!

Jamie

Jamie, I can higher recommend the skywatcher 200p dobsonian. I bought one as my first scope 3 weeks ago and have so far seen loads of dso's and learnt some of the major constellations in the process. Can't recommend it highly enough easy to use and very fast to set up just put down and away you go. Welcome to the forum also. Enjoy

Archived