David Osborne

Hi to all,

just purchased Celestron Astromaster 130 eq, recently had my enthusiam for the night sky rebooted after watching Stargazing Live. I had a scope as a kid and would spend hours looking @ the moon, now I'm all grown up and sensible, (I DON'T THINK SO!) i'm looking forward to clear nights sky watching.

look forward to engaging in conversation with the members

David

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome from me too - I have that scope too and I've had some fantastic views over the last year. I did change the red dot finder to a different model as I found it hard to use - you might find that necessary. Do enjoy it though - a great start to the hobby :smiley:

Hi David welcome to SGL, download and install Stellarium so you can learn the night sky on those cloudy nights, you might find you will use it alot :grin:

cloudy nights are frustrating but they just make the clear nights more special.

Hi there David, welcome to the group, sounds like you have rekindled your passion, next you will be taking photos.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are many on here who are willing to help.

John

Hi David and welcome to the forum. I think most of us here have grown out of the sensible part of our intellectual development as evidenced by the amount of money we spend on kit set against the few nights we can actually use the stuff! :grin: :grin: Hopefully we can help sustain your interest in astronomy here so don't be shy about asking questions when the need arises.

Clear skies soon and enjoy the forum!

James

Archived