SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Rochdale.

Ben_Jim

Hi all,

Another newbie to astronomy and recently got a Skywatcher Evostar 80ED for wildlife but I am thinking of doing some AP in the near future so hopefully will find all the answers I need on here.

Many thanks.

Jim

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL

If you're interested in AP then I'd recommend you read Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count". It should give you a good understanding of what you're getting yourself into :)

James

Hi Jim,

welcome to SGL. If you have not got a good guide to the sky try 'turn left at orion' and 'sky & telescope pocket star atlas'. Finally a planetarium program, one of the best is Stellarium which is free and can be downloaded from here : - http://www.stellarium.org/.

Second vote for 'making every photon count' will save you loads of cash in the long run!!

Cheers

Many thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I will look into "Making Every Photon Count" JamesF.

I have Stellarium installed, damnut, and hopefully might start picking things up even with this old brain of mine lol

Hi, keithatrochdale, I know a few Keith’s in Rochdale! You never know m8, and I will call up to the Astronomy Centre above Todmorden I was looking at this on the net the other night night :)

Jim

Archived