Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hello from liverpool

rob1

hi im rob, im new to astronomy and looking around the internet found this place and the FLO store, i bought a pair of celestron 15x70 binos recently only first went out with them last night and was blown away by the moon and juipter couldnt see much else due to clouds but it was definitely enough to make me want to see more, quickly realised im gunna need a tripod for the binos though. any quick recommendations?

so im looking foward to talking with a few of you guys and learning all about the night sky, hopefully we'll get some clearer nights than we have been getting latley :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob,

welcome to SGL. Nip along to Newton Ellis in cheapside. They will have a couple of mounts for those great binos. If you have not got a good guide to the sky try 'turn left at orion' and 'sky & telescope pocket star atlas'. Finally a planetarium program, one of the best is Stellarium which is free and can be downloaded from here : - http://www.stellarium.org/.

A good camera tripod with an attachment for your binos would be good start, get as solid as you can afford.

Cheers

Hi Rob welcome to SGL, some people recommend starting with bino`s to learn the sky before obtaining your first telescope.

good luck anyway and when you do decide to upgrade you will find no better place than here for advice on what to get.

Hi, I'm normally round your part of the world. Have you been to Liverpool astronomy society yet?

Hi, havent been yet, ive looked on thier website missed the last meeting near me (court hey flower park) are they based anywhere you can go and visit?

Hi Rob welcome to SGL, some people recommend starting with bino`s to learn the sky before obtaining your first telescope.

good luck anyway and when you do decide to upgrade you will find no better place than here for advice on what to get.

hi yer im planning to stick with the binos for a while get confident at finding stuff in the sky, also give me time to save for a decent scope lol

Archived