Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

L8-Nite

Thoughts For The Day ?

Sold our seatrain container, so now I have a flat spot to set up in the back yard again. :smile:

Last night there were only intermitent clear patches here, glad you were able to get some quality viewing in Steve.

just glad to get out at all really Mike though have come to the conclusion will have to construct some viewing platforms (Patios if the wife is reading) at the far end of my garden which gives me a Southern View - then from each corner of My Garden I've got reasonable access to a larger areas of the sky - its never going to be ideal as I'll be looking directly over the roof of my own home but its the best its going to get where I live and I really enjoyed it last night so with a bit of effort over the spring and summer I could make things a lot better for next winter.

• Like 1

I'm going to try to observe the asteroid tonight from the back yard here, instead of going up to the site. Have a few interested neighbors who would like to take a peek , so I'll be setting up two scopes and have the binocks ready; fingers crossed.

Thought for the night: . . . . . Remember not to get your fingers crushed when closing up your Tripod.

Just seen my first ever asteroid - can't say it was something that will live long in the memory but the fact you can actually see something just 45 metres across for 17,000 odd miles away is just remarkable in itself.

• Like 1

I should try to find red globes for my Miners oil lamps.

Don't hammer nails in freezing weather, your fingers will thank you.

• Like 1

Think twice before giving soap as a gift. :unsure:

• Like 1

Will the taking of money from depositors in the banks of Cyprus, set a precedent for other banks across the world ?

Yes, mike. If people think this is a one off they will be mostaken. Dont be suprised to see a run on the cypriat banks when they do finally open.

knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!!!

My neighbor said he was a fruit, a Kiwi if I recall. :icon_scratch:

dont eat yellow snow thats where the eskimos go !! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: stuy

dont eat yellow snow thats where the eskimos go !! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: stuy

And don't lick microscope slides to clean them. :lipsrsealed::eek::blink:

Think I'm going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time tomorrow, and miss my DHL delivery. :sad:

Finally cracked panstarrs absolutely freezing temperatures and waited a long time for it to get dark enough in the west but now pretty chuffed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pete its right beneath the andromeda galaxy now. If you can get away from the light pollution should be easy. Find casseopia the point of the largest v points to the next brightest star mirach then just look right and slightly down you'll see m31 and the comet directly below it. Good luck mate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!!!

And dont go putting rhubarb in a stew even though its a vegetable.