Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thoughts For The Day ?

L8-Nite

Looking at tonight's forecasts, I think we have a fair chance for an hour or two of local observing across the Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, and Blaenavon areas. I hope to do a bit of Lunar viewing in my neck of the woods and knock off a few targets on the Lunar 100 list.  Anyone else out there motivated tonight ?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping to go outside tonight to use my recently delivered Mak 127, but after spending the day waiting in for UPS, by the time the parcel arrived, that idea went out of the door... Still, been outside for an hour with binoculars.

Yeah, been a long day, I got about 20 minutes viewing, which is better than nothing; still clouded over so going to call it quits for the night.

Congrats on your new scope, hope you get a chance to use it sooner than later.  :smiley:

Cheers.

Bad report on IC Wales today - rain folllowed by more rain and then more rain to follow - was also reading that the El Nino effect this year is predicted to be higher than ever previously recorded though no one seems to be in agreement quite what that means for the Northern Hemisphere this year - I'll hazzard a guess - Rain.

Thanks for that Steve.....cheered me up no-end. :sad:

I'm away to the lleyn peninsula on the 5th Sept for 7 nights in a secluded cottage, and was hoping for a few dark cloudless nights. 

I'm taking my Vixen 80s/Eq5, so I hope it doesn't  just end up as ballast in the car.

Thanks for that Steve.....cheered me up no-end. :sad:

I'm away to the lleyn peninsula on the 5th Sept for 7 nights in a secluded cottage, and was hoping for a few dark cloudless nights. 

I'm taking my Vixen 80s/Eq5, so I hope it doesn't  just end up as ballast in the car.

Ballast is good Tony, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it; it keeps our hobby afloat.  :rolleyes:

Ballast is good Tony, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it; it keeps our hobby afloat.  :rolleyes:

Exactly fingers crossed for you Tony - its a lovely part of the World if you get some luck with the clouds could be stunning

Archived