Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

L8-Nite

Thoughts For The Day ?

My Wife & I are thinking , if the weather looks nice for Saturday we will take a run up to Brecon for the day, and stop by Pencelli Castle caravan park for a visit.  I want to find the best spot to set up my carbon arc searchlight.   :grin:   

Pop in for a cuppa while your in Brecon you will be more than welcome

:grin:

• Like 1

Pop in for a cuppa while your in Brecon you will be more than welcome

:grin:

Thanks Dai, 

Will be nice to meet a fellow observer, milk & one sugar please.   :smiley:

• Like 1

Thinking clear skies on a rainy night, what are the chances, lol. 

The nights are getting darker all the time Mike - if the clouds will just give us a break we're into observing season - can't wait :0)

I can see a 32mm panaview on the horizon, the night's are getting longer there has to be a break soon!!

• Like 1

Looking for a break in the clouds is kind of like waiting for a special delivery to arrive.

I spend a lot of time looking out the window.    

Keep the faith guys.   :smiley:

• Like 1

Well expect a change in the weather as today I have purchased 32mm panaview Thought i had better get it now to give the weather a chance to settle down before the star party.

Edited by daiwelly

Well expect a change in the weather as today I have purchased 32mm panaview and Rigel quickfinder Thought i had better get them now to give the weather a chance to settle down before the star party.

Good thinking Dai. I'll have to share some credit for the weather though, as we just bought

a few camping accessories for the star party.  :smiley:

• Like 1

Nice one David that's supposed to be a really nice eye piece. I'm sure Pete has one and he loves it.

• Like 1

Well its big thanks FLO its come, just hope we have a wee break in the clouds so that I can try it out!!

• Like 1

I'd  love  a peek  through that David if you are taking it to the soiree. :cool:   

Hi Tony def taking it with me, it looks good.  :cool:

Edited by daiwelly

Ok Dai, you know the drill, photos required.   :police:

Good to hear !  :smiley:

Must be clear in your neck of the woods.  It's coming down by the bucket full here.   

its drizzle here but a few cloud breaks in fochriw, i have the scope in my back bedroom and just poking out the window  got a SW view only :sad:

Congratulations!
It is a lovely EP, probably one of my most used.

It starts and finishes most sessions in the focuser.

It's also fab for star hopping.

Slightly soft around the edges, but for the size and price, I've never been able to fault it.  :smiley:

• Like 1

Ben I managed a few minutes yesterday evening between breaks in the clouds and must say I was impressed.

Just had a blackout in the village, no lights to be seen. Only lasted a minute though, drat.   :sad:

Think I'll have a beer to celebrate.  :grin:

• Like 1

note to self

When going away for the week for road trip across Europe don't leave your camera at home!!!!!!!!

p.s. lovely day in Dunkirk

Edited by lennylovit

Day 2

After an interesting day at Ypres followed by an even more interesting route trying to find Lille hotel at last here we are! Ypres did make me curse even more that I had forgotten my camera I could have taken so many fantastic photos of the Menin Gate and the city centre hoping to go back before we leave to catch the "last post"

Lenny (and Mrs)

Hey Lenny, don't forget to be on the lookout for some Clave eyepieces on your travels.   :icon_eek:  

That's a shame Lenny. You could pick up a disposable one for a couple of quid, the images may not be great but at least you will have some very acceptable ones.