Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

L8-Nite

Thoughts For The Day ?

I love Christmas - can't wait to see the lights up - its a long winter usually and the darkness of January and February always seems exaggerated after the Christmas lights disappear.  Not the most PC thing for a budding astronomer to say I guess but there you go lol

I think a fresh Avatar is in order for the new year.

Edit: Our vintage Sears 6339-A   :smiley:

Edited by L8-Nite

a depressing statistic

according to my weather station today is the 29th day we have had rain in a row......  and thats a rain instance at any one time as well including if it rains for an hour...... no wonder we dont get out much :(

On the flip side of the coin, I think we all have more than enough Astro gear that can be used at any time here in the UK.

Edit: A comforting thought.  :smile:

Edited by L8-Nite

Just watched the new S@N presentation. Following in Sir Patrick Moore's footsteps is a hard act to follow,

but I think they did it well.    :smile:

Yes I agree with you Mike, and I enjoyed this episode.

I'm inclined to enjoy S @ N regardless of format, it's the content I hope is kept fresh and interesting.

I also like the presenters and the different guests.

Yeah Tony,  I'm looking forward to next months program. The emphasis that amateurs can contribute by sending in meaningful image information will definitely give a boost to the hobby.

will have to check out I Player to see if its still there- its about the only astronomical thing I'm doing at the moment

I think we are all in the same boat Steve, some literally. I hope things change very soon. :sad:

I caught up on it last night. Was a good show. Liked the format. Did get to do a little observing between the clouds last night - the supernova again. Not sure we have any clear skies on their way soon though

I caught up on it last night. Was a good show. Liked the format. Did get to do a little observing between the clouds last night - the supernova again. Not sure we have any clear skies on their way soon though

Glad you had some decent observing Rhys.  When evening comes, it's been a grey blanket overhead in my neck of the woods, and for quite awhile now.  Still hoping to get a glimpse of the SN in M82 before it fades away. I think you are right about any clear skies soon, it's snowing as I type.   :sad:

Was only about an hour, a high haze rolled in, only really allowing for the moon and Jupiter - any chance I can get at the moment!

• Like 1

Looking out the window this moment, I was thinking how fortunate my Wife and I are, and that our home is ok. I know many of us may be frustrated by the weather as far as the hobby goes, but it takes on a different meaning when your home and livelihood are in peril, like those folks out in the flood plains. Hope this all comes to an end soon and everyone stays safe out there.

Thought for today:

Take Imodium before going for a 5 mile run if things feel a little, err, you know...

That was a very, very close call this morning  :embarassed:  :eek:

I'm blaming the takeaway we had last evening!

Thought for today:

Take Imodium before going for a 5 mile run if things feel a little, err, you know...

That was a very, very close call this morning  :embarassed:  :eek:

I'm blaming the takeaway we had last evening!

You'd need a lot of Imodium to stop a 5 mile run -:)

• Like 1

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:   now I get it.  :rolleyes:  

You'd need a lot of Imodium to stop a 5 mile run -:)

I'm glad you think it's funny :(

:D :D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I purchased an aluminium scaffold tower earlier this year, and the last couple of days

I've been thinking about how I can use it to make a portable Observatory. 

I purchased an aluminium scaffold tower earlier this year, and the last couple of days

I've been thinking about how I can use it to make a portable Observatory. 

First off you'll need PASMA training :D

http://www.pasma.co.uk/

My Wife & I are thinking , if the weather looks nice for Saturday we will take a run up to Brecon for the day, and stop by Pencelli Castle caravan park for a visit.  I want to find the best spot to set up my carbon arc searchlight.   :grin:   

• Like 1

My Wife & I are thinking , if the weather looks nice for Saturday we will take a run up to Brecon for the day, and stop by Pencelli Castle caravan park for a visit.  I want to find the best spot to set up my carbon arc searchlight.   :grin:   

The forecast looks great for the next few days Mike - you should have a great day out - enjoy