Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thoughts For The Day ?

L8-Nite

I love Christmas - can't wait to see the lights up - its a long winter usually and the darkness of January and February always seems exaggerated after the Christmas lights disappear.  Not the most PC thing for a budding astronomer to say I guess but there you go lol

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yes I agree with you Mike, and I enjoyed this episode.

I'm inclined to enjoy S @ N regardless of format, it's the content I hope is kept fresh and interesting.

I also like the presenters and the different guests.

I caught up on it last night. Was a good show. Liked the format. Did get to do a little observing between the clouds last night - the supernova again. Not sure we have any clear skies on their way soon though

Glad you had some decent observing Rhys.  When evening comes, it's been a grey blanket overhead in my neck of the woods, and for quite awhile now.  Still hoping to get a glimpse of the SN in M82 before it fades away. I think you are right about any clear skies soon, it's snowing as I type.   :sad:

Looking out the window this moment, I was thinking how fortunate my Wife and I are, and that our home is ok. I know many of us may be frustrated by the weather as far as the hobby goes, but it takes on a different meaning when your home and livelihood are in peril, like those folks out in the flood plains. Hope this all comes to an end soon and everyone stays safe out there.

Thought for today:

Take Imodium before going for a 5 mile run if things feel a little, err, you know...

That was a very, very close call this morning  :embarassed:  :eek:

I'm blaming the takeaway we had last evening!

You'd need a lot of Imodium to stop a 5 mile run -:)

• 3 months later...

My Wife & I are thinking , if the weather looks nice for Saturday we will take a run up to Brecon for the day, and stop by Pencelli Castle caravan park for a visit.  I want to find the best spot to set up my carbon arc searchlight.   :grin:   

My Wife & I are thinking , if the weather looks nice for Saturday we will take a run up to Brecon for the day, and stop by Pencelli Castle caravan park for a visit.  I want to find the best spot to set up my carbon arc searchlight.   :grin:   

The forecast looks great for the next few days Mike - you should have a great day out - enjoy

Archived