NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi all from another Newbie

DiscoDad

Hello everyone,

Always been interested in the subject got my first 'respectable' scope last year. One or two goes with an old webcam I had laying around with some fiddling with registax6 (all a black art) and managed to come up with a rather over processed image of jupiter, too embarrassed to post after seeing other efforts on the forums! I'm thinking that the old adage of rubbish in rubbish out may be well used here so looking at upgrading to a better webcam in the near future.

My kit was all purchased as a milestone birthday present last year. I got a Meade ETX-125.

Happy Gazing

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. I won't be rude and ask which 'milestone' but I'm guessing it wasn't the centenary one! :grin: :grin: Your quite right about astrophotography being a dark art and for some, images of black holes can extend to the one they see in their wallets. Well at least you are in good hands here if imaging is going to be your ambition in astronomy but as expert as some individuals are, they are more than happy to offer help and advise at what ever stage you are at so please keep those questions coming. There is a book by Steve Richards (a member on here too) called "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) which you can view here. A must read book if I am honest as it is very comprehensive and will provide you with the necessary overview to decide on how deep to go, whether it's just the solar system or deep sky objects (DSO's).

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Hi and welcome to the forum. I won't be rude and ask which 'milestone' but I'm guessing it wasn't the centenary one! :grin: :grin: Your quite right about astrophotography being a dark art and for some, images of black holes can extend to the one they see in their wallets. Well at least you are in good hands here if imaging is going to be your ambition in astronomy but as expert as some individuals are, they are more than happy to offer help and advise at what ever stage you are at so please keep those questions coming. There is a book by Steve Richards (a member on here too) called "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) which you can view here. A must read book if I am honest as it is very comprehensive and will provide you with the necessary overview to decide on how deep to go, whether it's just the solar system or deep sky objects (DSO's).

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Thanks for the link James - I'll take a look.

Archived